The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker Multiplayer?

Can you actually play multiplayer on The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker? If so, how does it work? I am planning to buy it. Be specific please.

Update:

Do you also need a game in the Game Boy?

Update 2:

Game Boy Advance not Game Boy.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

When you first go to Windfall Island and free Tingle, he'll give you an item shaped like a gameboy called the Tingle Tuner. You can hook up a gameboy advance (or advance SP) and activate the Tingle Tuner. No game is required for the gameboy. The first person is Link and can play through the game as normal. The 2nd person is Tingle on the Gameboy, but basicly all you get to do is follow Link around with a green cursor (you don't even get to actually control Tingle) and for a price you can help Link by allowing him to float for 5 sec., bombing an enemy, and other things. You can also show hidden items (mostly rupees or hearts) and there is a sidequest where in some of the dungeons are hidden Tingle trophies inside invisible chests, which Tingle can give you access to once that player finds them. This sidequest is barely mentioned though, so it's not important to the game's story at all. I would say this is a great game, but not for two players because every time player 1 goes inside a building (excluding dungeons or temples) or brings up the items menu, player 2 gets a waiting screen. So if you're looking for something 2 player, Wind Waker isn't your best bet. But it's still an awesome game.

• 1 decade ago

There is no ACTUAL multiplayer using two Links. But you can plug in something in the 2nd controller slot. No---not a Gamecube controller. You need a Game Boy Advance (Use it, DS can't do it) and a thing that connects the Game Boy Advance to the Gamecube. Don't put anything in the slot. Later in the game, you can get a Tingle Tuner that lets a second player help. It is not needed to beat the game, though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At some point of the game a man named tingle gives you an item shaped like a GBA. When you get it you can connect your GBA to your gamecube and a friend can help you out on the GBA by thowing bombs at enemy's and stuff.

Source(s): The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • 1 decade ago

There is no multiplayer but there is in phantom hourglass. which is the secound game. oh but there is the tingle tuner which makes so you and a friend can team up one as tingle the other as link.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I own the game,there is no way to play multiplayer on it.sorry,if you want a multi player game,i sugest you not get this one,though it is a good game=)

• 1 decade ago

you cant play mutiplayer in wind waker

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.