Why stay in sexless relationship?

I am really wondering why some people stay in sexually unsatisfying relationships. I know sex isn't everything in a relationship but it IS a symptom of other problems. If those problems aren't being addressed, why stay? Is it just laziness? Fear? Low sex drive? A person just loves misery?
Update: I've notice a few of you saying sex isn't important. I respectfully disagree. When you are in a committed relationship with a person you love and there is no sex at all...I mean no hugs, kisses, no intimate physical contact with that person at all...why stay and YES, that IS a sign of a major problem. I... show more I've notice a few of you saying sex isn't important. I respectfully disagree. When you are in a committed relationship with a person you love and there is no sex at all...I mean no hugs, kisses, no intimate physical contact with that person at all...why stay and YES, that IS a sign of a major problem. I think some of you are viewing sex in a very limited way as intercourse. I should have said intimate contact of all kinds. If your spouse -never- shows you physical love in any way, why stay?