Can you get pregnant while having autoimmune disease?

Since September of last year, my husband and I have been trying to conceive a child. No luck yet. I found out in March of this year that I had a large nodule which they thought was malignant on my thyroid. I always knew I had hypothyroidism but never took medication. They had to remove the right lobe of my... show more Since September of last year, my husband and I have been trying to conceive a child. No luck yet. I found out in March of this year that I had a large nodule which they thought was malignant on my thyroid. I always knew I had hypothyroidism but never took medication. They had to remove the right lobe of my thyroid along with the nodule in April. It was not cancerous but they tell me I have an autoimmune disease Hashimotos. I have been reading up on it and find different answers and explanations but what I want to know are my chances for conceiving a child. I am on Synthroid and for some reason the doctor will not let me take the generic brand. I am guessing it is so he can get it regulated and then maybe he will allow generic. I started off at 50 mcg and now he has increased me to 100 mcg. I'm still not feeling any real difference yet but I go back to him again in a few weeks. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?
5 answers 5