Can you get pregnant while having autoimmune disease?

Since September of last year, my husband and I have been trying to conceive a child. No luck yet. I found out in March of this year that I had a large nodule which they thought was malignant on my thyroid. I always knew I had hypothyroidism but never took medication. They had to remove the right lobe of my thyroid along with the nodule in April. It was not cancerous but they tell me I have an autoimmune disease Hashimotos. I have been reading up on it and find different answers and explanations but what I want to know are my chances for conceiving a child. I am on Synthroid and for some reason the doctor will not let me take the generic brand. I am guessing it is so he can get it regulated and then maybe he will allow generic. I started off at 50 mcg and now he has increased me to 100 mcg. I'm still not feeling any real difference yet but I go back to him again in a few weeks. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?

Favorite Answer

It sounds like there are no guarantees to anything here, but I found some informative articles.

You might want to contact a fertility clinic if you are serious about having your own child but keep in mind there are more risks for both you and the child, with your condition.

Good luck

• I actually do have Thyroid cancer and at my diagnosis I found out that I had Hashimoto's as well. I had no problem getting pregnant and she was as healthy as can be. Being hypothyroid is a reason for fertility issues or maybe your body just knew that it wasn't the right time and you needed to take care of yourself first.

The reason that you aren't supposed to take generic is because pharmacies can have different generics from time to time and it's hard to keep track of your levels that way. Once you have found your correct dose, it shouldn't be messed with.

Good Luck!

Source(s): Thyroid Cancer survivor!!

Hypothyroidism, or low thyroid function, is a silent epidemic, according to many functional medicine doctors. How to cure hypothyroidism naturally https://tr.im/JWqnt

People can suffer for years with symptoms that our conventional medical system frequently doesn’t know how to treat because complaints seem scattered or vague and often there is no pill for the ill(s).

What’s worse, in most cases, hypothyroidism isn’t rooted in a thyroid problem in the first place. It’s rooted in an immune system gone awry, but most doctors don’t test for the antibodies that show the presence of autoimmunity.

• ?

I have JRA, and while I've had some trouble (five miscarriages) I've also had seven living children.

I'd wait until your levels are normal and see a high risk OB to discuss it. Usually one year is the minimum that drs accept for attempting before fertility issues are taken into account. I'd start that one year when your thyroid is level (because thyroid issues can affect fertility)

Good luck and God bless.

• zook

1

Source(s): Hypothyroidism Remedies http://HypothyroidismRevolution.emuy.info/?Rkg7