Legal help & funding for Air Force family losing their children?

I am a United States Air Force wife. I am going to lose my children. I am being sued for sole legal & physical custody of my children in the Santa Clara County, California by my ex-boyfriend, the father of three of my four children. I was served the legal papers on June 13, 2008 & I have thirty days to respond. I have not responded because I do not know how to fill out the paperwork or have the knowledge to go forward myself. I have spoken to free, military legal help here on our installation, as well as a pro bono program here in the District that we qualified for, & they have done nothing but advised me to hire a lawyer in Santa Clara County to take care of my case. It is difficult for me to even get assistance in regard to my case due to several factors-I no longer live in California, the case is not in the District of Columbia, & people seem to be unfamiliar with Calif Law, I do not know what else to do, I've called so many lawyers, we can't afford a retainer fee, we are desperate


I have contacted every legal aide and reosurce, I've spoken to everyone, the pro bono program in Santa Clara county lost its funding and the only option I have to hire a private attorney ranging from $2,500-$5,000 retainer fees. I've even emailed Oprah, Dr. Phil, news stations, anything and everything I could think of in these last few days. I don't even have the money to fly home to attend the orientation mediation meeting prior to the court date of 7/22. The cost for the ticket start from $350-$500. I don't have the money to even set up a website to take donations, do you think that people would go to a CitiBank with our names and last four digits of our account to donate? It was so nice to know that there are people out there who care, even if you don't have a lot of money, anything would count. God, you have no idea how much I appreciate the thought, please let others know, God Bless You

You can donate to any CitiBank branch

acct last name: Urnberg-last four digits of acct: 7619

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Check Padilla Law firm , they specialize in cases like that and I know the 1st half our of cosultation is free.

    31 N 2nd St # 210

    San Jose, CA 95113

    (408) 995-5500

  • 4 years ago

    interior the fast term i've got not got any recommendations for you. I merely assumed that your military attorneys ought to pursue it. they could lengthen the lawsuits, in spite of the undeniable fact that papers could be filed. set up a internet internet website for accepting donations, you would be able to desire to have a comfortable link for economic enterprise playing cards. Then pass on some national communicate shows ( you do no longer could journey - they do it by cellular telephone ). call the Sean Hannity show, I say him once you communicate that he's in many situations doing concerns for people interior the provider. I in spite of the undeniable fact that am having disaster accepting that the army attorneys won't assist you. you're a military dependant, think approximately a approved project. isn't it kinda like having a medical emergency together as in a city that has no military base?? you progression to community emergency room and the army seems after the fee. right here think approximately a approved emergency ( dropping your babies is an emergency ), if there are actually not any military attorneys in Santa Clara County, you will could be geared up to have the army look after an area legal expert to pursue the case. i would not have plenty funds, in spite of the undeniable fact that i will make a donation once you had a internet website. you are able to technique the commander of the approved alternatives, tell them your project and ask if there may be " something " that they are able to, or will do on your case. you are able to make certain which you have tried each highway, and do it promptly. no longer finding to be preachy or mean, in spite of the undeniable fact that i think of the urgency of the problem. stable success

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.