Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to have an intellectual discussion with Obama supporters without RACE being brought up by them?

• gldmj5
    Favorite Answer

Of course. Then again, if race is brought up every time YOU discuss Obama, it's probably not a coincidence.

Nope, not a chance. I keep seeing their questions with words like, black, african-American being used. They are the most racist. Up until this campaign when Obama made a "point' of saying he was black and not bi-racial (which he is), the media has used the words black and african-American more and more. So what happened to Obama's white side, did he toss it under the bus too? Why hasn't anyone talked to his grandparents or his sister? What is Obama and the media afraid of? Oh I know his supporters will say its because of the age of the grandparents, but that hasn't mattered in the past, so why now? I wonder what Obama is afraid of.

without the injection of race into the campaign, obama's supporters would be watching hillary take the nomination. no matter what issue is brought up, they react as if you've burned a cross on his lawn. i've found that it's almost impossible to have an intellectual discussion with cult members

I personally don't think ANYONE can have and intellectual discussion about Obama in general without race being brought into it. I think race is WHY he is where he is today, and WHY he has such a loyal core of supporters, and WHY he has been given so many passes in areas that one of another race would never dream of getting.

For forty years Whites have been brow-beaten into the idea that nothing bad should ever be said about a Black. Even if he is criminal, devoting himself to the destruction of White people, it must just be said that he is a person who did, bla bla bla, and that HE certainly had no racial reason for doing that.

It's silly, wrong and the rest of the world laughs at us!

No, it's their ace in the hole. or so they think. Even obamas bringing it up now and playing the race card, he doing this so anything said against him, he can throw they are being racist.at them.But it might be a good thing, because it has turned a lot of the ones who were going to vote for him off. I know for a fact he has already lost some votes.because of this. So let them use the race card. it just digging his political grave. .and that's good.for America.

How is it possible for me to be mad about a human being a racist? Fact: Obama the man is a racist, not Obama the black man is a racist. Fact: What color I am has nothing to do with the fact Obama is a racist and I think it's racist to back a racist.

• Yili

Intellectual discussion on Yahoo?

Really?

Really?

No not really. Anytime you question anything about Barry you are labeled a racist by his followers. He has used this like a weapon on any one being critical of any thing he says. Imagine using this your whole life, it's no wonder he won't Townhall.

Source(s): Democrats for McCain

Not likely - Most Obama supporters are black and we all know how they love to play that race card when they don't get their way. Let's take a look at our past presidential campaigns for a moment. I can't remember any racial issues occurring until now. And how do we solve this problem? Keep all our Presidents white :)

Not really, the second it go's beyond there ability, they fire

back with racist or Obama hater..