Why is it illegal for a woman have sex in exchange for money in 49 of 50 states, but abortion?

multiple or not is on demand paid for through the state if needed and without question?

Sidenote: Not an abortion debate, but really the lack of logic in this contradiction.

If the state cant regulate a uterus, why can it regulate a vag1na?

Favorite Answer

Man, I'm hoping sex for pay will be legal in another state soon. Michigan is in a depression, and I think following Vegas and bringing in the hookers and the gambling might be our only hope to save our state.

Also, abortion and prostitution are too different in their natures to argue them effectively in this manner.

• Nick V

Some women take cash, other's require diamond rings, houses and BMW's. They all take money for sex in all 50 states. Whether or not it is defined as "Prostitution" or "Marriage" is a question of payment methods and hence is not "illegal 49 of 50 states". Only paying by cash is illegal in those 49 states. This is a dumb law.

Roe vs. Wade (permitting abortion) was a decision by the Supreme Court and is therefore federal law. It was deemed "constitutional" by said court. Therefore it is the law of the land.

In places where abortions are "illegal"--abortions exist anyway, they are just not regulated and subject to providing safe healthcare standards. In places where prostitution is legal, prostitutes generally must go to the doctor every week and have health checks.

Making things illegal just drives them underground--and allows "criminals" who don't give a hoot about safety checks for prostitutes, medical certification for providing abortions or providing "pure" drugs.

Making things legal allows the state to regulate the health of prostitutes, medical certification for doctors performing abortions and, in the case of drug laws, kids would have to prove they where 18 to buy drugs from a state approved store like for alcohol--rather than being able to buy drugs in the bathroom at school from someone who doesn't care how old your kid is.

Legalize everything. It's safer and easier to regulate that way.

They wouldn't let me vote. I was 0 the first time he ran, 4 the next. That's not to say I would not have voted for him. Just trying to answer your question. Just going on a what little experience and knowledge I have in the political arena, I'd be willing to guess Reagan was far more moderate than today's core Republican party, just as Democrats at the time were probably a little more toward the middle. I can't say for sure though. I was more interested at that time in GI Joe's. Thanks for the enlightenment. I'll take it with my grain of salt. I do realize this much at this point in my life - trickle down economic policies are just that...a lot at the top and a trickle to the bottom.

It probably relates to the outdated, patriarchal idea that if men can get sex without commitment, they won't want the commitment that long-term relationships bring, and that women should not be allowed to "taint" themselves by treating sex as any other good or service.

Bottom-line: it's a lot of top-down, puritanical nonsense. If sex is to be sacred, let the people themselves make it sacred in what way seems best to them, not in the way they've been ordered to do so by the law

• I think prostitution should be legal. Women give it away all the time, why cant they be paid for it. I could never do it but, why shouldn't a woman be allowed to charge for the use of her goods and services?

Sex for money should be legal, regulated and taxed.

This will improve the conditions of these women immensely.

I believe prostitution should be legal. It isnt because too many archaic laws are not revisited out of pure irrational shame imposed on us by religion.

So what are you saying, women should use coathangers?

Both are liberation issues. Make and keep our sexuality legal and private.

Sex for money?

I thought sex for food, a place to live, your car, the house and your retirement pension, at least half your wages, and most of everything else....

But sex for money? That's the christian thing to do isn't it?

• .

Lol, I agree with V C. Sex for money should be legal.

The world would be a happier place =)

Which is the 1 state.Seriously,thinking of visiting of America now.