Is it possible to graduate from high school without learning nothing?

I graduated high school last year, and i feel i didn't learn nothing that would prepare me for college. I am currently in community college, and i feel whatever i should of learned in high school, i am learning in community college...am i talking nonsense? Well hopefully i can get prepared to go to the university....

Update:

does anyone have similar experience? How was your outcome?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Nothing? No. But the variation can be staggering - some schools like the advanced math and science academy (AMSA) prepare you to pass all the AP tests by the end of grade 11, and to study subjects like general relativity in grade 12.

http://www.amsacs.org/

In others you are lucky to have completed algebra 2 by grade 2. That's the problem with the US secondary education system. Fortunately unless you did horribly bad in HS you should be able to get into a college that will give a solid reliable education. Even if you did horrid a CC is still open to you.

Thanks

Bill

• 1 decade ago

It is all right to feel as if you didn't learn anything in high school. However, it is imperative that you now make up for lost time. Pay extra careful attention in all of your classes, and make sure you try your best to retain all of the information you learn. Community colleges have professors that are often quite as good as university professors, so you should not worry about how much harder the courses will get. Instead, focus on doing your best now, and forming good study habits now. It is not too late!

• Marcia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Trust, Love and Respect equals a successful marriage. I don't see what your education level has to do with it? If you can Respect the high school graduate then you can have a happy relationship.

• 1 decade ago

Well maybe you didn't take advantage of courses offered at your high school (honors & AP). I did and still thought high school was a joke, as for community college I think its extremely watered down college work. I went straight to a university after high school, and am currently taking summer courses at my local cc for extra credit and its extremely painful how unchallenging it is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ranto
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I felt that most of High School was a waste of time. I'm sure that I learned something there -- but I really feel that I could have started college in 10th grade.

I'm glad to hear you are learning something now. I hope you learn some grammar.

• eri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Such as learning how double negatives work? Apparently. Maybe you just didn't learn what you were supposed to learn, and your teachers passed you because they have to pass everyone. College is a rude awakening for many people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it is. actually if the teachers didnt want to have u back into there class room or felt sorry for you. they will get u a passing grade. im serious my friend who failed most of his work and tests and he ended up getting a a+.

• 1 decade ago

not even grammar, apparently.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.