Lisa Lisa asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What is the hair trail on the head called? you know the one that twirls in circle at the back of the head?

What is the hair trail on the head called? you know the one that twirls in circle at the back of the head. My nephew has one in the front of his head its kind of weird please let me know! i would like to do some research on that haha thank you!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

its probably a cowlick. i have one on the front and back of my head and its kind of annoying. the hairs kind of grow short and in the opposite direction of the normal hair so its kind of a swirl. i dont know if thats what you mean but i hope i helped. lol when guys have it on the back of their heads i call it a man swirl. :D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A crown. If you want slang, swirlie, lol. I have two, pretty strange. The girls like it though, haha. Just have nephew blend his hair in haircuts, maybe like 3 all over, scissors on the top so he does not expose it, if that's what you'd like. I hope this was of any help!

Source(s): Myself
  • 1 decade ago

A COWLICK is in the front that makes the hair stand up and curl over and you have difficulty taming it. The hair pattern you are referring to, is called a WHORL. Everyone has it but as you grow and your hair grows, it disappears. but if you were to cut it all off, as it grew back in, itd be there again.

Source(s): Cosmetologist.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its either a cowlick, a crown, or a rat tail (yes thats a style of hair, google image it).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • faes
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

LMAO! No! i've got not got any that are long sufficient to twirl... i've got continually had to be elegant however... per probability at some point they'll improve long sufficient and that i would be waiting to do it. :P

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its called a collic. And they could be anywhere on the head!

• 1 decade ago

its called a crown

Source(s): i have three of them lol
  • bill
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

cowlick?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.