Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentAlternative Fuel Vehicles · 1 decade ago

What about working with what we own?

Working With What We Own (W4O)

Energy Alternative Operation

Cars running solely on electricity

The Experience:

I forgot to charge my car last night. I saw a flashing light on the battery gage indicating that I have twenty more miles of battery life left. I stop at the Battery Exchange Stations where I pulled up in front of the Battery Extract and Input System (BEIS) machine to change my batteries. I swipe my credit card and select on the keypad the type of batteries I wanted. The options were two 50/50 batteries for 100 miles, 150 miles or 200 miles, a single battery for 50, 75 or 100 miles. I selected the 50/50 batteries for 200 miles. I attached the BEIS tube to my car and selected on the keypad the option to extract both batteries (this took less than a minuet). After which there was a beeping signal to select the input batteries button . I selected it (this took less that a minuet to complete). I remove the tube from my car. I got a receipt after the transaction.

It was just last week that I took my old car to get a new engine to run on electricity instead of liquid fuel. So I started talking to one of the mechanics about the process from point A to point B on how equipping and accessing resources when a person has an electric car. He said that in each state there’s at least ten energy farms of wind, thermo or solar energy stored in warehouses geared solely for battery charging. These batteries are picked up and placed on special delivery trucks from the warehouses. The batteries are then delivered to Battery Exchange Stations and Engine Replacement Auto Centers. He said that all states have the same fittings and sizes for batteries. Each state has their own price for their batteries, although there are standards set for the maximum price of each battery nation wide. He had to leave so he gave me a quick list of how the process came together.

The Energy Resources:

Wind - Thermo - Solar

The Storage Facilities:

Wind, thermo, or solar energy farms;

Warehouses for storing energy;

Rechargeable car batteries warehouses;

Battery defect detector and process warehouses;

Replacement engines plants to create rechargeable battery engines in cars already owned by consumers.

The Supporting Services:

Companies that develop equipments to build energy storage facilities;

Companies that provide rechargeable batteries, the systems and kits to operate and support the batteries;

Companies that will develop replacement engines suited for running a vehicle on electricity;

Delivery trucking companies;

Battery Exchange Stations;

Engine Replacement Auto Centers;

Road side assistance companies;

Construction companies;

Many jobs in construction, delivery, engineering and support services of these jobs.

The Consumer Products:

Kits -recharge batteries at convenience;

Battery Exchange Stations;

Engine Replacement Auto Center

The Delivery Services:

Battery handling systems. The battery itself will not be removable by consumers. Instead a Rechargeable Battery Extract and Input System (BEIS) will be used. This system will have spacial locking mechanisms that will be equipped in Battery Exchange Stations activated upon payment and attachment to the vehicle where the battery is held. BEIS will also be used in Battery Exchange Stations and road side assistance trucks;

Delivery trucks will transport batteries from the warehouses in large amounts to Battery Exchange Stations and in smaller amounts to Engine Replacement Auto Centers. Engine Replacement Auto Centers will have road side assistance trucks specially equipped to hold BEIS.

The Advantages and Benefits:

Environmentally Safe;

Energy Independence from foreign means of acquiring energy;

Faster services at energy stations;

Option to charge the vehicle battery at convenience;

Efficient management and tracking of rechargeable batteries;

Working with the resources that is already available;

Lower prices as the market grows;

Job for various occupations;

Car companies to get a head start on creating the new engineers and cars of tomorrow;

Things to Consider:

Laws and regulations;

Battery Standards;

Community Input;

Location for facilities;

Length to create a stable operation;

Financing the operation;

Who will lead this operation.

Questions, suggestions, feedback.

• A Guy
    Favorite Answer

I think you write good fiction:) Practically, I think it would take hydraulics to change electric-car batteries, and a large opening.

i have to be honest i have been on this planet for 43 years and all my life i have heard oh no we will run out of oil soon !!!!

oh no the earth is gonna die from global warming , the oceans are rising , NY will be flooded , it's all a bunch of BS !!

yes gas prices stink , but I am not changing the way i live my life

because some Idiot in washington thinks I should

I run my central air when i want , I BBQ when i want , i drive a 17mpg SUV,

I go on vacation about 5 times a year , all because I can

call me arrogant . doesn't matter , the fact is global warming is complete BS