Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you believe the ridiculous, unfounded oil conspiracy theories?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

These conspiracy theorists need to get a life. Go out with a girl or something, do something useful.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I beleive in a few things and the first is a fact....

1.Oil companies are buying up their own stock with their rediculous profits. Much, much more than they do looking for wells to use or refineries to build.

2. We need to start to develop our 250-300 year supply of oil shale and tar sands. if we did this, it would create

thousands of jobs for U.S. citizens, expand our engineering capabilities, and keep the wealth in the U.S. instead of sending it overseas.

3. We need to stop over regulating every segment of our

economy and thus delaying, by decades, the development of

alternate fuel technologies.

4. We limit drilling off our coasts, in

Alaska, and anywhere there is an insect, bird, fish, or

plant that might be inconvenienced. Better that our people

suffer. Our lobbying efforts have been too effective. We need limits on lobbyists for big companies on how much they control our polititians.

5. Corn based Ethanol !? Thank our government for this sham

program! It will destroy us from the inside with these types of policies. This is worse than when we pay our farmers NOT TO GROW FOOD. Have them use more energy to create less energy, and simultaneously drive up food prices. Thank you U.S. Congress!

6. Last but not least we need to stop letting certain OPEC countries fleece us without end. They have been

accumulating shares in our banks, real estate, and

publicly held companies. They also finance a good portion of

our debt and now manipulate our markets, currency, and

economies for their benefit.

So what oil company theories are you relating to. Conspiracy is not a conspiracy when its an open fact. You can very well bet the farm that the oil companies are lobbying along side the tree huggers. They don't want less profits.

• 1 decade ago

Now who would believe ridiculous and unfounded theories? The oil conspiracy theories are neither ridiculous nor unfounded.

• 1 decade ago

Which ones? The Enron Loophole? Sorry, but that's anything BUT unfounded! If that were closed, the futures markets would largely collapse.

ANY time a small group can corner a market on a commodity item such as oil (or wheat, or pork bellies, or whatever) you are headed for disaster if you're a buyer at the bottom of the supply chain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

in the final 10 years, what have the Republican achieved to extend, take care of and or create a extra suited residing for the american human beings? call one piece of legislations produced with the help of the GOP, that has made existence extra suited for all human beings? Now call legislations with the help of the GOP, that has injury the american human beings? there is your reason of the ridiculous conspiracy theories.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I believe the annual profits of American oil companies, and when they have shot up to record high numbers since this war of lies in Iraq, began I'd say those conspiracy theories are at least a little bit founded.

Source(s): Check any business magazine
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dude,here is your wake up call ! the straight skinny is that the congress and the lib radical tree huggers shut down domestic oil production about 20 years ago.ergo,stupid politicians and eco nuts are causing the problem.we have more oil than the middle east,just need to harvest the oil ! http://americansolutions.com/drillnow

• I know that oil should not be over 120 bucks a gallon

• 1 decade ago

I believe the price of gas is too high. I don't care why, I just want it come down or find another method of powering my car.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What? Youre going to inform us better, Mr Reverend Wright in a fez?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.