Is it stupid that we still do arranged marriage in my country?

my father wants me to marry this rich guy's son..

but the thing is he is gay and he doesn't like me because of my look.

he is only 4ft tall and weigh 100 lbs, i am 5'8 and i weigh 180

i dont want to walk around with some that look like my son

and he is rude too.. he pressed the dot on my forehead to see if my skin will change color..

i can't be with someone like that.. so I flew to america and now my family is trying to capture me..

what should I do i dont wanna go back!

Favorite Answer

your strange

Arranged marriages are stupid and antiquated in any country. Call me an idealist, but shouldn't one go through the process of meeting, dating, courting, and falling in love before commiting someone over a lifetime?

I am very happy that here in the States as well as every western nation that we don't have the nonsense of arranging a marriage. I feel the same way you do. I would rather die a lonely old man than to be forced to marry someone I don't even love or attracted too.

• pink

Yes, I think arranged marriages are wrong. Why are Earth would you agree to marry a short, rude man who is guy and treats you like garbage? Don't marry this man, if you marry anyone do it because you love them. Marriage isn't about convenience or money, it's meant to be about finding that special person who makes a bad day good and always makes you smile.

it funny that you dont like it. it has a better sucess rate then love marrages. but if hes not right for you then thats that, dont go back. im an american and sometime wish i were in a aranged marrage because i cant seem to find love but want someone around. its funny how the grass seems green on the other side. but you have a choice. i cant go to inda and get into an aranged marrage lol

i dont mean to sound disrespectful, but in this day and age, arranged marriages are really a bad idea. pople are more messed up and weird as ever and you REALLY have to know someone before you can spend your life with them. My advice - run

change ur name, look, where u live ur phone lines.

move to a big city farthest away from where they are trying to get u. Yes i think that's stupid- marrying should be for love.

yea, I think that arranged marriages are the pits! it's really retarded and it doesn't help anyone,

I mean, people who fall in love should be the only ones allowed to get married

well then u shouldnt go back

why should a grown woman be forced to marry some gay midget

You gonna have to go back when your visa expires, if not, you'll get kicked out.

somehow this story is hard to believe..if you don't want to marry him then don't..your parents can't make you go back if you don't want to if you are 18 or older.

ok i think this is a lie.........

but.....if it is thn...

go back to them and say you wanna live ur own life in whatever way. you wotn marry that ***** of an ***