Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Red highlights?

On natural, asian, black hair. I got hazel brown highlights the other day, and they're pretty okay. :) But I want to try red highlights later on. How long should I wait until the next highlighting session for my hair? Too soon might not be so healthy. Any tips on what shade of red as well?

Favorite Answer

I would wait and see if the hazel highlights turn more red on their own. When the natural black pigment of asian hair is "lifted" out to put highlight color in, then after a while the highlights will turn more red or medium to light auburn. You may get your red highlights without doing anything at all!!

If you want to hurry the process along, shampoo your hair with a detergent type harsher shampoo and that will bring out more red in the highlights you have now.

Good luck!! : P

Source(s): Professional stylist

well i would go for a different color hi lite because red fade out so quickly. i dyed my bangs red on time the rest was black it looked cool but any way we had this temporary hair color stuff and i had to do it every 2 days to make it stay the same color

a rusty colour would look nice ad i would wait 2 weeks

go for like a mohagony shade, thats wat i did, & it looked great!