Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 1 decade ago

What are the famous tourist attractions in France ?

Any part of France will do . Not so famous tourist attractions are fine too . (:

uh , and ...

please specify what you can do there , cause its for my oral exam .

:O

Favorite Answer

Corsica!! the island off of France is Beautiful, Its one most people from France go when they go to the south of france lol to get away from tourist in Paris and also Carcassonne, its a big castle in the south of France near Spain

Source(s): Been there. I am French from paris

the 1st tourist attraction in France.... is not french! It's Disneyland Paris. Then I think it's Paris (in general.... you know: Notre Dame, Louvre, Eiffel Twr, Champs Elysées...) In normandy and Brittany you can see lot of things (beaches [even if the water is not that warm!], le Mont Saint Michel [beautiful!], Beautiful towns, great culture....). On the Eastern Side, the main thing is the Alps w/ the Mont Blanc (highest mountain in Europe). Good cities for tourists in the East are Lyon [I'm from here], Grenoble, Annecy. Switzerland is not very far from Lyon, Neither is Italy so it's convenient. In the South, well, the best part is between Toulon and Nice (I think) w/ beautiful coastal towns not too crowded and Saint Tropez. The French Riviera is mainly between Nice and Monaco. It's very nice too, but during the summer break it's overcrowded. Never been to Marseille but it must be great too. For a rural Tourism you can go to the Loire Area (great with a lot of castles to visit, very interesting), and to the South of Massif Central and to Ardeche, Luberon, etc... To surf you have to go in the extreme South West near Biarritz. It's great there but very far (From here, I mean from Lyon, it takes 8.30h to go there!)) I may have forgotten places (of course I have) but it's a start. Anyway, Lyon is great for tourists, you don't have to visit the whole country right?! Hope that helps.(sorry for the languages mistakes)

Paris alone has a wealth of attractions and sights such as The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dame and Champs Ellysees.

To the north of Paris, you can enjoy the home and gardens of Claude Monet, and the seaside villages of Trouville and Honfleur. Also, to the north are the historical sites that remember D-Day and the young Americans who gave their lives for the liberty of France. To the south, enjoy the quaint villages and perfect weather of Provence.

Source(s): Personal observation.

Alps, specially go near Mont Blank. And Annecy is a pretty city close to Alpines.

Then head to south definately, and never ever miss Monte Carlo... its amazing, very very awsome and simply marvellous.

Marsielle is also nice, and the beach in Nice is really good.

thats all according to my experience.... but then you have to sort out if you want to see mountains, or the metro life of Paris

You can do al lthe listed /posted responses BUT I serioulsy suggest that you hang in the Marais area also all the stores/boutiques are open on sunday bc all other shops close. And there are great little bistros and cafe's. + all the cute locals hang there everyday!!

Steve Perrys books at the library or barnes and nobles should really be a help here.