Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do the Amish vote?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • birdie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You can bet your sweet bippy that that they won't do it on Diebold machines...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Amish are citizens of the United States and therefore have the same privilege as all other Americans. Yes, they can vote. I wonder if they are Democrats or Republicans or Independents? They may pen in their own people?

• 3 years ago

to those that say the Amish do no longer vote, your incorrect. I stay in an area that has many Amish people and observed various at my polling place the day previous, as I certainly have in years previous. some would decide for to no longer vote merely comparable to many non-Amish people decide for to no longer vote. yet their is not any "rule" prohibiting them from voting. there's a conventional false impression that because of the fact the Amish do no longer use many cutting-area conveniences of their residences that they do no longer choose to apply them in public places. that's additionally fake. They use digital voting machines, holiday in elevators, holiday in autos (do no longer tension them however), shop at Walmart, consume at Mcdonalds, etc, etc...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes some amish vote

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Even if they could...........Do they watch t.v?? Not that I ever heard of.

I hope they watch FOX NEWS.......that way America will be saved. At least till the next election.

UPDATE: I found your answer.

Question: Do the Amish participate in local, state or national elections?

Answer: Yes, they will participate in local and/or state elections if it has a direct bearing on an issue about which they are concerned. They do not participate in National elections since they are not members of the political parties.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not generally. They tend to keep away from the government and bureaucracy. That is not to say that they have never voted - if they want to they can, of course.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Of course.

I don't know that this video is accurate as a sample, but go half way through...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Z09yNPRDk

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they don't participate in elections

• 1 decade ago

no, they seperate themselves from the outside world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some do, some don't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.