Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

勘誤表的英文該如何說呢?

自己有本外文書,怕有錯誤

因想查查書籍的勘誤表

不知勘誤表的英文怎說捏!

感謝大家

I list them:

1.Corrigenda.

2.Errata.

3.Revision List.

Which one is used more often on abroad?

Formal use or oral use ?

by the way, just personal question, how to work abroad?

I'm a programmer.

Rating
  • Elisa
    Favorite Answer

I believe it is called (document) revision list when you have already published the documents or books. Revision literally means to "see again," to look at something from a fresh, critical perspective. It is an ongoing process of rethinking the paper: reconsidering your arguments, reviewing your evidence, refining your purpose, reorganizing your presentation, reviving stale prose.

Proofreading is the final stage of the editing process, focusing on surface errors such as misspellings and mistakes in grammar and punctuation. You should proofread only after you have finished all of your other editing revisions. It's an important step before turning your paper in, but if your ideas are predictable, your thesis is weak, and your organization is a mess, then proofreading will just be putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. When you finish revising, that's the time to proofread.

Editing is what you begin doing as soon as you finish your first draft. You reread your draft to see, for example, whether the paper is well-organized, the transitions between paragraphs are smooth, and your evidence really backs up your argument.

See example of revision list from: http://www.sandiego.gov/environmental-services/ems...

See more information from http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/revision.h... on the difference among revision, proofreading and editing.

2008-06-27 02:47:22 補充:

For my work at the investment company (I have been a project manager working in the US since 1992), revision lists are the one used in our documents or technical materials. (but I don't work for publishers, so I cannot talk about novels, etc.)

2008-06-27 02:48:39 補充:

Do you currently live abroad? Is it easier to find a job when you are physically in that country and if you are permanent resident. There is a huge lag in H1 visa processing in the US, so people are not expected to get H1 visa for quite a long time.

2008-06-27 02:50:31 補充:

You need visa such as H-1, O-1, etc to work in the US if you are not a permanent resident. In addition, the economy in the US is getting worse now and a lot of companies will not pay for relocation or flying you in for interviews.

2008-06-27 02:52:04 補充:

Language is also very important working abroad. If you want to work in an English-speaking country, your English needs to be good to the point that it will be understood by people.

2008-06-27 02:54:15 補充:

As a programmer, you do have to explain to non-tech person the approach that you are taking, so your English does need to be good too. I am not trying to discourage you but pointing out the fact if you want to excel in your position, good communication skill is a must.

2008-06-27 02:54:37 補充:

Not knowing your background and where you want to apply is hard to answer your question.

2008-07-06 23:06:13 補充:

I am just back from my vacation. I will leave my profile open for sometiime. You can send it through Yahoo Knowledge, or to my

blog. http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!VfJtKzSZBRgGEr4H6CmD...

You can leave private message there.

2008-07-08 23:07:28 補充:

BBJ,

Thanks for sharing your comment. I would think that you can use all three of them depending on where you use it. If it is a book, I would think that corrigenda or errata would be used more often. If it is a document, what I see most frequently used is revision list.

2008-07-10 02:19:42 補充:

See 網友評價. He left his comment there. He thinks that it should be "erratum".

2008-07-11 01:36:19 補充:

Good Job! BigShotRob in finding out this information. Both KK and Hero have indicated that in their answers. And as I said in my comments, I believed that both "corrigenda" and "errata" are used more often in books.

2008-07-11 03:58:35 補充:

By the way, BigShotRob,

Did you have any follow up question?

Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992., Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992., Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992., Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992., Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992., Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992., Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.

Thanks for answering.

Let me finally know how to use them.

What does "BBJ" mean?

2008-07-10 16:10:32 補充:

Oh! I've not seen Hero's comment.

I've checked from official-website.

IT'S "ERRATA"!

Have a see at the following link:

http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexTitle/productCd...

Thanks for HERO's answers.

2008-07-11 23:12:30 補充:

Asking this question, I've been learning much knowledge about English.

Thank guys very much. ^ ^

Dear Elisa,

Probably not so far.

I've gotta read the English book.

I'll leave a message at your blog if I have any question.

Thank you very much.

You're really kind. ^ ^

• Hero

Erratum

Noun

1. A mistake in printed matter resulting from mechanical failures of some kind.

Synonyms: literal (n), literal error (n), misprint (n), typo (n), typographical error (n).

希望對您有幫助

2008-06-26 10:28:38 補充:

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definiti...

是我非常受用的查詢網站,除了圖解圖示之外,還可由此查到各國不同語言的解說。

2008-06-26 11:54:47 補充:

Erratum這個單字是我在一本國外的書籍DIN-Handbook裡,內容是Dimensional standards裡看到的。

As for ﹝how to work abroad? ﹞

You may try to find the opportunities from newspaper, or connect the web directly to the company what you want, I know there is vacancy wanted from some tier one company. Good luck!

Source(s): 自己+學習英文30年了+http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definiti...

勘誤表的英文應該是 corrigendum (常用複數表示,複數是 corrigenda), 或 erratum (常用複數表示,複數是 errata)。

英文的解釋: an error in a printed work discovered after printing and shown with its correction on a separate sheet bound with the original.

中文的翻譯:印刷好了的作品發現的錯誤,與其更正和作品訂在一起。

2008-06-26 00:17:53 補充:

中文的翻譯:印刷好了的作品發現的錯誤,與其更正和作品分別地訂在一起。