Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

is this a good trade?

i give mike jacobs, ian kinsler and shane victorino;

i get jose reyes and cc sabathia.

my other 2nd basemen r uggla and brian roberts. my OFs r manny ramirez, beltran, granderson and jeff francoeur. my 1st basemen r youkillis, cantu and carlos guillen.

his other SS is troy tulowitzky (whos doing horrible, but this guy is convinced hes gunna end up doing amazing) and his other SPs r felix hernandez, matt cain, justin verlander (whos finally broken out of his slump, in a way), carlos zambrano (DL) and jose contreras (and francisco liriano...go figure).

so, who is this trade good 4?

guys, very improtant note- dont jump and say "obviously its good 4 the guy who gets reyes and sabathia". that would b because of their big names that u would say. that. but dont look at their big names, just think of their stats through out the year

Favorite Answer

The guy must be a Rockies fan. If a guy with an already depleted pitching staff is willing to give away arguably his best pitcher and a SS like Reyes, I would take it. Since you have three solid 2B it makes sense to unload one of them. While I would try and trade Roberts over Kinsler, (because I think Kinsler is the better player of the two) the other guy may not accept the trade. Looks to work out in your favor. I'm surprised that the other guy isn't looking for pitching considering Hernandez could land on the shelf with Zambrano.

• Veto R

Post all-star break last year, Reyes hit only .251, but still had 32 stolen bases, 58 runs scored and eight homers. Last year was also the first year of his career that he hit significantly less in the second half of the year than the first. In 2006, he hit .300 following the break with 11 homers, 40 RBIs, 47 runs scored and 25 stolen bases. In 2005, he hit .287 after the break (and .261 before the break) with 34 stolen bases and 48 runs scored. Hitting at the top of the Mets order, he will score runs.

In 2005, 2006 and 2007 C.C. Sabathia posted significantly better numbers after the break than before the break. Currently, he has a 1.28 WHIP and is striking out more than one batter an inning. Despite being 5-8, his ERA is only 4.06, which isn't terrible for the AL. The only place you are losing right now is wins. Even in your mixed league, you can live with a 4.06 ERA given his WHIP and strikeouts. More than likely, he isn't going to finish the season in Cleveland, but be traded to a contender where he could win more games.

I don't think your question is about Mike Jacobs, who has power, but seems to be about a .250 hitter, which will cost him playing time, and Shane Victorino, who has no power and, for a player at the top of the lineup, average speed. Reyes will make up for their second-half stats and actually if your trade was for Jacobs and Victorino and Reyes, I would tell you to go for the trade as, I think, you would get the better part of the deal.

Your question is Kinsler for Sabathia. If you are in a keeper league, the question is much harder, for Kinsler has a lot of upside potential to be a good hitter with power and RBIs. I believe that Sabathia will rebound and if you are playing for the championship this year in a keeper league, then it might be a good trade. If you are not making this move for the championship in a keeper league, then I would offer someone else besides Kinsler and if your trading partner refuses, I would think hard about the trade.

If you are not in a keeper league, it becomes an easier decision. Chances are that Kinsler will drop off in the second half, since he is young. If recent past performance is a good indicator, Sabathia will have a good second half, particularly if he is traded to a contender. Since, in a non-keeper league, you can always redraft Kinsler next year, I would make the trade....

Man, if it wasn't for your crappy pitching staff, I'd say stay the hell away from this deal. That being said, I still say, "don't no it." I like Ian Kinsler as a superstar this year and you never want to give away a top guy. Reyes won't come around and if Jerry Manuel shuffles that lineup day in and day out, Reyes will revert to his cry baby ways and won't be producing a thing. Sabathis is the man, but I'm sure there must be a pitcher on your waiver wire who has stats that really aren't that far off of what C.C.'s done this year. Obviously, no one out there is Sabathia, but you can find a guy a little below him for free.

You're right, this is an all name trade. It's someone trying to get draft day value for two severely underperforming players. Stay away.

they try to go Larry Hughes, yet he has distinctive years left on the deal. If the Nets extremely presented Bobby Simmons, they have been stupid to no longer take it, because of the fact he has a shorter deal. i do no longer think of he could be moved. Noah and Thomas will generate average interest, Thomas extra suitable than Noah, yet they are in a position to't get something significant returned for them. The movable products are Gooden and Hinrich and that they are in a position to truly get some value for the two or the two a style of fellows. they like an excellent guy with submit skills badly. The Kings have had their eye on Gooden for some years now, yet with the emergence of Jason Thompson, i do no longer think of that they had commerce Brad Miller for Gooden now.

uggla is better than kinsler..which makes kinsler obsolete.

reyes,right now, is better than tulowisky..and if returns to last years form is second only to handly ramirez

sabathia appears to be coming around...and victorino and jacobs are nothing more than reserves

good for both of you becasue you get reyes, that is very good and sabathia , not bad at all.

Giving jacobs is not so bad, you had it already for long anyway. kinsler and victorino are good exchange for sabathia and reyes.

Your friend get jacobs as bonus, so he is fine too.

best!

the trading card company

This question looks likes it's in Russian..or some other language..........

sounds pretty good to me

not worth it