Travis asked in TravelCaribbeanBahamas · 1 decade ago

How do I bring Cuban Cigars from the Bahamas, back to the US?

Do they check you in the Bahamas at customs, or when I arrive back in the United States at Miami?

Can I bring them in if I have no intention of selling them?

Is there really any way to get them back home if I buy them here?

Favorite Answer

U cannot bring cuban cigar back to american even if u dont have intention of selling them. Licence ppl use to be allow to bring back $100 worth of tobbacco product but they are no longer allowed that is becasue the United States Treasury Department has tightened its prohibitions against U.S. citizens importing or consuming Cuban cigars.

Accordin to the department's Office of Foreign Assets Control Americans licensed to bring back up to $100 worth of Cuban goods will no longer be allowed to include tobacco products in what they carry. Previously, those licensed were exempted from what was otherwise a total import ban on Cuban tobacco products.

The notice also clarifies that Americans are barred from not only purchasing Cuban goods in foreign countries, but also from consuming them in those countries.

I frequently travel to Costa Rica and always bring back one or two boxes of Romeo and Juliettes. I have found that typically the Bahamas charge alot more for Cuban cigars so I don't usually bring them from there. That being said all I do is pack them away and don't worry about it but I certainly do NOT declare them on any government form. Bring back a couple of bottles of good rum and declare that and don't say a word about the cigars and if caught i'd just play stupid. I haven't got caught yet so knock on wood.

Good luck.

• mmuscs

Hide them and get caught and you will lose them and and it will cost you a penalty of at least once the domestic value. Now are you willing pay for the cigars, lose them and pay even more, oh and you will have a record. You will be a smuggler no matter what you are smuggling.

The only way you can bring anything from Cuba is you have to bring it direct from Cuba and you have to had travel there legally.

Cigar

Premium dozen cigars

Thompson Cigar was founded in Key West, Florida, in 1915 and is the oldest mail order cigar company in the country. Thompson Cigar has always been devoted to delivering a wide selection of products covering all price ranges and tastes.

Of course they check you and they are illegal to bring back! Is it your first time out of the country? My suggestion go on your trip enjoy your time there smoke as many cubans as you can get your hands on and then come home with out trying to sneak something in! Good luck and have fun!

• zeck

US electorate can shuttle to Cuba. Shouldnt be a undertaking for tourism applications. There are no flights to Cuba from any area of the U. S.. you need to make your thank you to Canada or Mexico first with the intention to get to Cuba.

• julien

just get another label and put it on those cubanas... hey if the label says made in Bahamas then it's not Cuban eh

It's normally illegal to bring them into the US but under certain unusual circumstances you can (in small quantities).

See:

http://www.typesofcigars.info/How_to_Get_Cigars_fr...

They will most likely take them. Their illegal in the US... My advice is to individually hide them among your clothes in your suitcase....

You can't. Sorry!