Can Royal families living in the United States still hold their Titles ?

Are there any laws with regards to holding titles in the United States such as HRH or Baron?

What will happen if someone uses their Royal title while living in the USA?

What will happen if the USA does not follow the laws they have laid out in the Constitution of the United States?

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

American citizens cannot hold a title of nobility. However, people with titles of nobility or royalty are not prohibited from living in the United States.

There is a law which requires aliens petitioning for citizenship to renounce all titles of nobility. The text follows, from 8 USC section 1448, subsection (b):

"In case the person petitioning for naturalization has borne any hereditary title, or has been of any of the orders of nobility in any foreign state, the petitioner shall in addition to complying with the requirements of subsection (a) [omitted] of this section, make under oath in open court in the court in which the petition for naturalization is made, an express renunciation of such title or order of nobility, and such renunication shall be recorded in the court as part of the proceedings."

The Code of Federal Regulations (8 CFR 337.1) accordingly provides the following:

A petitioner or applicant for naturalization who has borne any hereditary title or has been of any of the orders of nobility in any foreign state shall, in addition to taking the oath of allegiance prescribed in paragraph (a) of this section, make under oath or affirmation in public an express renunciation

of such title or order of nobility, in the following form:

(1) I further renounce the title of (give title or titles) which I have heretofore held; or

(2) I further renounce the order of nobility (give the order of nobility) to which I have heretofore belonged.

because of the fact they suspect that Obama is a liberal...he's extremely a totalitarian, fascist. Liberals are so uninformed as to be a threat to themselves. Obama makes use of NAZI Joseph Goebbels' suggestion that in case you tell a huge sufficient lie often sufficient the uninformed will have self belief it...and that they do. Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels became into the grasp of the “super lie” tactic wherein a lie, no count how outrageous, is repeated often sufficient that it will ultimately be primary as actuality. Goebbels defined: “in case you tell a lie sufficiently super and save repeating it, people will ultimately come to have self belief it. The lie may well be maintained basically for such time because of the fact the State can shelter the individuals from the political, economic and/or protection stress outcomes of the lie. It subsequently turns into needed for the State to apply all of its powers to repress dissent, for the fact is the mortal enemy of the lie, and subsequently via extension, the fact is the perfect enemy of the State.” Obama's lie has grow to be so deeply seated that liberals think of he's a liberal...he isn't. carry on with the money ...he gave away billions to pay lower back campaign contributors at Solyndra, super BANKS and Wall street no longer one penny to create jobs.

That is a good question. It is my understanding that you can't hold a title here in the U.S. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So i would think that they would use the title yet they have to mention their country after wards. Even though that title would be useless here in the U.S. The only thing it would be useful is popularity so they know that your someone of importance.

Source(s): My opinion.... P.S. I'm not sure if there are any laws regarding this.