Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Anyone know any great historical fiction novelists, like Liz Curtis Higgs or Bodie and Brock Thoene?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ck1
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Gilbert Morris (House of Winslow series), Lawanna Blackwell (Gresham Chronicles), Eugenia Price (Savannah series), Jane Peart (Brides of Montclair series), Catherine Marshall (Christy and Julie) and Brenda Wilbee (Sweetbriar) are all historical fiction authors whose works I've really enjoyed. Michael Phillips and Judith Pella wrote a really enjoyable Stonewycke series. You may also enjoy Lori Wick, Janette Oke, George MacDonald, Grace Livingston Hill and June Masters Bacher, among others.

Though not specifically Christian authors, you may also enjoy some of Taylor Caldwell's and Georgette Heyer's novels. They were both exceptional authors, in my opinion. Jean Plaidy (whose real name was Eleanor Hibbert and who wrote very good romantic suspense novels as Victoria Holt and Philippa Carr) wrote some really good historical fiction novels.

I hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not familiar with those authors, but here are a few I've enjoyed over the years:

William Martin

James Michener

Edward Rutherfurd

Noah Gordon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.