Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

Help! potty training a little girl? shes 3?

i need step by step instructions.

she pees like a guy tho.

not standing up but like she sprays out not down into the toilet

so i need help with that and instructions on how to position her too.

Favorite Answer

This is totally normal. Your daughter just needs to lean forward to pee correctly. My daughter felt unstable on the toilet and I researched and found a very sturdy stool with sides for a regular toilet so she could hold on and feel safe without ever touching the toilet with her hands. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

She loved going to the toilet on her own and not needing help. Plus, she thrived on feeling relaxed and safe. This stool made all the difference for her and how easy potty training was. It was well worth it and I am glad I found it. Hope this helps.

I just finished training my 3 year old and she is 100% potty trained, she doesn't even have accidents at night! Here's what I did:

-Buy a child potty seat that goes on top of the toilet and a stool...the potty chairs are a waste of time and money and gross.

-Put her in underwear right away! No pull ups (except at night at first). Kids need to have accidents to learn.

-If she has an accident say to her "did you have an accident" and make sure she acknowledges that. Don't yell at her for it or anything.

-Bribe her. Give her a treat when she goes potty or poop properly! I don't care what people say, bribing works! I got my daughter dried fruit and told her it was candy just to try and make it a healthy treat.

For my daughter it took her about a month to be completely, 100% potty trained! Good luck and feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Source(s): I'm a mom

1) get a small toilet small enought for a child. you can find them at most stores, like walmart or somthing.

2) every couple of hours ask her if she has to go potty. even if she says no say lets try anyway.

3) take her and position her forward on the toilet, just sittin.

4)after she goes tell her she did a good job and give her a "potty pill" (an M&M)

*make sure she wears pullups at night

this is what my parents did for me and it did the trick!

• Marie

Place her butt on top of the toilet (make sure she is not just hanging off the edge, put her in the center) and make sure her legs are not spread apart. She could be forcing it out to much, try to tell her not too so much.

I don't have kids, but I babysit for my friends little 2 year old girl who is potty training all the time. Thats what we do.

My wife and I had a similar problem with our little girl. We put her on a potty made for a girl cuz it has a lip in front (to shield her privates and stop the PP from hitting the floor) and set her as far back as she could go without making a mess on the back. It wasn't long before she was using it on her own. Good Luck!!

• gg

I'm training my 28 month old. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for mini m&m's! She started by going one DROP of urine in her potty chair. I gave her ONE m&m. She soon learned to urinate completely...that way she gets 15 m&m's.

Your daughter needs to position herself a little differently (leaning forward a little). If she has a potty chair, often there is a special piece for boys that goes in front, so it doesn't splatter outward.

My kids leaned forward when they first started using the toilet. They're boys but they didn't even have to push down their penis to pee. Because their torso was leaning forward while sitting on the toilet (as if they were looking down at their feet) then the pee would go directly into the toilet. They would hold on to the sides of the toilet but sometimes they were able to balance themselves on the seat without holding onto anything. Eventually they stood up to pee. That's my advice. Just tell her to lean forward as if she is looking down at her feet. That should change the direction of where her "spray" is going.

buy her a mini toilet that has the cushion for boy and girl and use the boy side for now until she learns and put it in the restroom and everytime u go make her go with u if she does good if not little by little she will mine even yells at me sit down and one day she was pooping on her diaper and before she finished i put her on her little toilet and then i left her alone while i went to get something n when i came back she was already up and there was a big poopy

give her little prizes everytime she goes on the potty

this may sound wrong but it is effective i say just to give her an award like a dum dum sucker every time she goes!