promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is god a sexist?

1 corinthians,...chapter 14

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1 Timothy chapter 2:

Also that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion. Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

in the bible it also states that gods word is forever

so i dont wanna hear all that new testament old testament

mumbo gumbo!

Update:

i think its funny the christians r staying away from this question

=)

Update 2:

micah.....

too bad im not an athiest

there u go

assuming

just cuz one doesnt believe in religion does not make them an athiest

it makes them a free spiritual thinker

=)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

from what i have observed yes without question! but i am a back out catholic, it was a strange ride and 1 i wouldn't have chosen for myself! nice digging d.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Hi. Silly question.

The Bible didn't come out a couple of years ago. You might think about the status of women in society in general when the Bible was written.

And then you might want to remember that MEN wrote the Bible, not God. And while much of it may have been inspired by God, man is fallible.

EDIT - I'm a Christian. What I think is funny is that you try to bait people with your "question". Christians are not all the same - we do not all have the same beliefs. Would you like me to lump you in with every other Atheist on the planet?

EDIT - I stand corrected. However, just because a person reads the Bible, doesn't mean he/she takes it all literally or that its contents are a 100% accurate depiction of God.

• 1 decade ago

Nope...but the men who wrote the Bible and translated the Bible were.....what better way to reduce the chance of loosing power tan to exclude 1/2 of the population from the contenders?

Religions are excelent tools for gaining, remaining in power....

Look what the Catholic churchg has done......why have an Army of soldiers to take away riches through war, when you can convince people from behind a pulpit to willingly give away their earnings...as they did? And for what...something that can in no way be proven......

• 1 decade ago

My Answer: Why "YES", She IS!

I've studied Many Ancient Religions and have come to the following conclusion:

Religion is man-made and merely a distorted illusion of Spirituality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

God is not sexist for god doesn't exist

however, man is a sexist because he wrote the bible and invented christianity and other similar religions such as judaism and islam.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God's rules are often quite sexist, but not God (the fictional character of the Abrahamic variety). God is a Godist. A sexist, by definition, puts gender first and foremost. God puts God first and foremost.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, the men who made him up are.

• 1 decade ago

Moot question. There is no God.

• 1 decade ago

Yes SHE is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.