promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?

I'm an avid reader and I tend to stick mostly with mystery and suspense. I do venture out once in awhile to read a quirky romance or something lighter. I tend to like humor, as well.

Some of my favorite authors are:

Jude Deveraux

Janet Evanovich (her Stephanie Plum books are so over the top, they are delicious!)

Jodie Picoult

Nora Roberts

James Patterson

Greg Isles

Michael Palmer

Erica Spindler

Kay Hooper

Mariah Stewart

Heather Graham

Harlan Coben

My favorite books (I have three) are Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Sutterfield and My Sisters Keeper by Jodie Picoult.

What are yours?

Update:

Selentic: Your secret is safe with me! :)

Update 2:

I keep seeing this "Bras and Broomsticks" I think I need to check it out. Anyway, I'm always looking for a good book and I'm having major back surgery on July 3rd, so I need to stock up on my reading material, as I won't be able to do much, including sitting up for long periods. Thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas! I'll be sure to check out some of these authors and books. I sincerely wish I could choose all of you as 'best answer'. :)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've given you a list of MYSTERY WRITERS and a list of ROMANCE WRITERS. At the links below you will find titles for each of these authors AND at the links if you click on any author's name you will be taken to that author's official website or another appropriate page for that author so you can learn more about their books.

MYSTERY WRITERS: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham, Linwood Barclay, M. C. Beaton, Steve Berry, Sandra Brown, Gwendoline Butler, Stella Cameron, Raymond Chandler, Lee Child, Mary Higgins Clark, Michael Connelly, Patricia Cornwall, Catherine Coulter, Robert Crais, Paul Doherty, Barry Eisler, Janet Evanovich, Joanne Fluke, Dick Francis, Margaret Frazer, Lisa Gardner, Anne George, Elizabeth George, Tess Gerritsen, Sue Grafton, Andrew Greeley, John Grisham, Dashiell Hammett, John Hart, Maddy Hunter, P. D. James, Faye Kellerman, Dean Koontz, Gordon Korman, Patricia Lewin, Ross MacDonald, Sharyn McCrumb, Ngaio Marsh, Mary E. Martin, Brad Meltzer, Stuart Palmer, Robert B. Parker, James Patterson, Richard North Patterson, Ridley Pearson, Ellis Peters, Ian Rankin, J. D. Robb, Dorothy L. Sayers, Daniel Silva, Karin Slaughter, Alexander McCall Smith, Marilyn Todd, Peter Tremayne, Margaret Truman, Patricia Wentworth, and Steven White.

ROMANCE WRITERS: Jo Beverly, Sandra Brown, Catherine Coulter, Millie Criswell, Barbara Delinsky, Jude Deveraux, Jane Feather, Dorothy Garlock, Julie Garwood, Heather Graham Pozzessere, Robin Lee Hatcher, Linda Howard, Joan Johnston, Jayne Ann Krentz (Amanda Quick), Judith McNaught, Debbie Macomber, Linda Lael Miller, Constance O'Day-Flannery, Maggie Osborne, Diana Palmer, Rosamunde Pilcher, Mary Jo Putney, Nora Roberts, Dallas Schulze, Anne Rivers Siddons, LaVyrle Spencer, Danielle Steel, and Susan Wiggs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Favorite author(s): Dean Koontz

JK Rowling

JD Robb

Diana Gabaldon

Bryce Courtenay

Jack Whyte

Anne Rice

Robert Ludlum

Melanie Rawn

Rudolfo Anaya

Jodi Piccoult

Richelle Mead

Fave Book(s):

Lightning

Watchers

Fear Nothing

Seize the Night

Odd Thomas series

all by Dean Koontz

JK Rowling's Harry Potter series

The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay

JD Robb's In Death series

Jack Whyte's Camulod series

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series

George R R Martin’s A Game of Thrones series

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series

Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Robert Ludlum's Bourne series

Melanie Rawn's Exiles series, Dragon Prince / Dragon Star series

Chris Pike's Last Vampire series

• 1 decade ago

Favorite authors:

JK Rowling

Markus Zusak (he's not very well-known but personally I think he's brilliant)

Jodi Picoult

James Patterson

Andrew Gross

Gregory Maguire

Favorite books:

"I Am the Messenger" - Markus Zusak

"The Book Thief" - Markus Zusak

"Judge & Jury" - James Patterson

"Twilight" - Stephenie Meyer (Personally I think he writing is mediocre and that's why she's not actually a favorite author of mine, but the characters/storyline she's brought to live with the Twilight series is awesome)

"Harry Potter" series - JK Rowling

"19 Minutes" - Jodi Picoult

• muniz
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Tolkien- LOTR, Hobbit Terry Goodkind- Sword of reality sequence JK Rowling- Harry Potter (of direction) Chris Paolini- Inheritance Cycle Cormac McCarthy- the line Garth Nix- Aborhorsen Trilogy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I'm a teen and well I love Make-believe so my faves are-

Harry Potter Series- J.K. Rowling

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse (Breaking Dawn)- Stephanie Meyer

The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkin

Through Violet Eyes, With Red Hands- Stephan Woodworth

Blood& Chocolate- Can't Remember Author

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My favorite books are Prospero's Children, The Dragon Charmer and The Witch Queen, all written by Jan Siegel.

I also really like the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.

• 1 decade ago

Authors - V.C. Andrews and Sara Mlynowski (however you spell it)

Books - Flowers in the Attic, My Sisters Keeper, and Bras and Broomsticks

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sarah Mlynowski is my favorite author. She's hilarious. I have a ton of favorite books...Really, too many to list! The triology of Rachel Weisten is good (Bras and Broomsticks, Frogs and Frenchkisses, and Spells and Sleepingbags).

• 1 decade ago

my favorite Authors are:

Charlie Huston

Ken Bruen

Don Winslow

Duane Swierzcynski

S.E. Hinton.

my favorite books are:

"The Guards"

"Caught Stealing"

"Already Dead"

"The Shotgun Rule"

• 1 decade ago

My favourite book is the Holy Qur'an and the author is God Almighty. Have a read, I am sure you will enjoy it and this might be one book which may change your outlook on life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.