How would you respond to this?

I found myself getting into an argument this weekend with a family member about how my husband and I would be handling things when we do have a placement. She had made a comment about rushing over here as soon as we got home, and how she couldn't wait to "smother the child with hugs and kisses." ... show more I found myself getting into an argument this weekend with a family member about how my husband and I would be handling things when we do have a placement. She had made a comment about rushing over here as soon as we got home, and how she couldn't wait to "smother the child with hugs and kisses." While I appreciate that my family is so supportive of our adoption, I did say - in a totally gentle way - "Well, for a while, we're going to have to limit the amount of visitors, and will be trying very hard to not overwhelm them." She flipped out on me! Kept saying that I needed to not treat them differently, that if we were giving birth to a child, we wouldn't be "keeping the family away." I tried to explain, in the simplest terms possible - that adoption is different from giving birth, and that when we bring our child home - while we're going to love them, and be their parents, in truth we'll be complete strangers to them. She basically turned that into I was a horrible, unfeeling ...
Update: person and shouldn't be allowed to adopt. Now - I feel VERY strongly that I am right - and my concern is the child, not how my family member (and she's the only one throwing a fit) responds. But - how would you handle this? Just not allow her over? This isn't someone I can completely cut out of... show more person and shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

Now - I feel VERY strongly that I am right - and my concern is the child, not how my family member (and she's the only one throwing a fit) responds.

But - how would you handle this? Just not allow her over? This isn't someone I can completely cut out of my life - but I don't want her around my child for a LONG time.
Would you impose a "please don't visit for so many months?" or just a "don't call us, we'll call you?" Need some pithy responses here, ones she won't be able to misintepret.
Update 2: ETA: Rational explanations will do no good with this woman.
Update 3: ETA: I'm not talking about keeping the entire family away from our child - I'm talking about limiting the number of people who come over and mawl them. Particularly this one specific person who has basically told me that is her plan - mawling them.