How can I get rid of sunburn?

i got really bad sunburn, like REALLY AWFUL its literally the colour of a tomato in some light. and whats really bad is that i have a pool party in 5 days. i need to get rid of it SO quickly that means. some people have said that i should have a really hot shower cause even though it will hurt real bad, it will... show more i got really bad sunburn, like REALLY AWFUL its literally the colour of a tomato in some light. and whats really bad is that i have a pool party in 5 days. i need to get rid of it SO quickly that means.
some people have said that i should have a really hot shower cause even though it will hurt real bad, it will like open the burnt pores or something.. is this true?
please tell me any especially good products that i could use to get rid of it if you can.
Also, it needs to be a way of keeping a tan, so basically speed up the process of turning from red to brown.
THANKS!