Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

If I change my name to "Hussein," do I automatically become Muslim?

I am thinking of changing my middle name to "Hussein" because I think it would be a pimp gangsta-rap name, but now after reading these boards, I am more than a little worried.

I've heard so many times on this board that having the name Hussein automatically ties people to Islam, which is automatically tied to terrorism by two degrees of seperation. Having said that, I am worried that if I go through with this, I might end up Muslim. I don't want to pray 5 times a day and I don't like the thought of giving up pork chops.

By the way, does the fact that my father is Catholic (which automatically makes me Catholic, even though there is no biblical verse that says this) help at all? Please let me know if any if you can help me out with this dilemma. Otherwise, I might have to end up writing my senator about this, I think he might be able to help me out.

Update:

Shub-Niggurath: Ia!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

According to some of the minds on here, if you change your middle name, and your father is Catholic, Then you would be a Italian Muslim Mobster Terrorist.

You would be a "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad" man, and I do mean Good.

Source(s): Good thing we all know what's in a name. Letters
  • 1 decade ago

You will not automatically become Muslim.

You will, however, become the antichrist.

Now I know it will seem impossible to most people that there could be more than one antichrist (seeing as how Obama is already the antichrist). But let's not forget: Ronald Reagan was deemed to be the antichrist, Anwar Sadat was deemed to be the antichrist. Even Tony Blair was deemed to be the antichrist.

If all those other folks can be the antichrist, I'm sure there's enough room in this world for both you and Obama to be the antichrist.

• 1 decade ago

This is an awesome question and I die a little bit inside every time somebody misses your point completely.

• 1 decade ago

No. But you will automatically be considered a democratic candidate for president

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, just bewcause you cange you name and tis a musllim name dosnt mean you automaticlly become one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It only seems to mean that to Republicans. That's why they constantly harp on it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A name change doesn't change "who" you are or what you think. Only republicans think that way.

• 1 decade ago

no, you don't.

but isn't it ridiculous that so many think that it does?

i get a good laugh every single time i read some of those questions.

• 1 decade ago

nope i'm a muslim i should know

• fdm215
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Only if you run for president...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.