ben stiller or adam sandler? who is your favorite leading funnyman? and why?

Favorite Answer

Adam Sandler without a doubt. I know almost no one who like Stiller, he has his moments but plays the same character like 90% of the time. Sandler on the other hand has actually matured as an actor, I loved his stupid comedys back in the Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore days but he has grown and while they may be a lot more serious his new stuff is still great. Also he has shown he can play serious with Reign On Me. I really can't remember Stiller ever doing anything that serious. I will say Zoolander was great though.

I think that they are both exceptional actors. They're so funny. However, there have been a few movies that both have done that upset me. Adam Sandler did Spanglish, Click, and Reign Over Me, which really bothered me. I personally think he should stick to his usual types. My base behind this being that all three of these movies have less levity in them; they have a sense of seriousness to them that steer away from his genre and leave the movie lacking. Now Ben Stiller has done Along Came Polly, Duplex, and a one or two others that I really did not enjoy the least bit. So to answer your question, I would have to say that between those two incredibly talented actors I could not choose a favorite. They are both too spectacular to be compared.