Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Can you handwrite a resume??

I've been looking for a job for over 5 months now, so I'm pretty desperate...

Is it tacky to turn in a resume when you turn in ALL applications? Even to gas stations and stuff?

I need a job so bad!! (I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado)

I have a resume already made on my computer, but I don't have a printer. :(

So is it acceptable to handwrite a resume???

Please don't make fun of me, you probably don't know how hard it is to get a job here.

Favorite Answer

I think that turning in a resume with an application will definitely set you apart from other prospects.

As for handwriting a resume, that is unheard of. One purpose of the resume is to display as much professionalism as possible, you can't accomplish this without printing it out.

If you don't have a printer, save your resume on a disc and print it out at a copy shop or your local library.

Perhaps a hand written resume' would be acceptable even now days. But you would have to have Excellency writing skills, which may help you get the job.

However in the computer world of today, it would probably be a better way to go with a typed one. Not having a printer? We'll lets be a lil innovated and think about that. I live in Maryland and our libraries will allow you to use computers and also printers. They do charge for the prints per page. Since it is typing as apposed to pix or music, etc... I'm sure that you could download the resume .pdf files and it will most likely even fit on a floppy A:drive.

Go to the library download it and print it out. If the libraries aren't available, A friend that has a printer I'm sure will help you.

If that's not available. We have stores called Kinko's which will let you do it for a slight fee and also you will be able to make many copies for applying for jobs. Keep in mind w/jobs and just about everything. The Rule of Large numbers will GET you a job. In other words, the more, resumes you put out there, the Better you chances of getting a job. Best of Luck and I hope I've helped you. Job hunting can be a job i itself.

• bersaw

Hand Written Resume

I would believe Colorado Springs would be easy!

But yeah, you defiently should not do a hand written resume if you are trying to get a "classy" job (that sounds judgemental really its not intended that way).

Save it to a disk, or email it to yourself, then go to the library or a friends house and print it out there.

If they ask for a RESUME then make sure its type, if they ask you to fill out a application (like at a gas station, fas food) then hand write very neatly, typing it out may look like you tried to hard, which might not be a bad thing at all but they might think you're a little werid.

To print in a library its usally a very small fee like 2 cents a page.

good luck finding a job!

Don't handwrite it. Find a Kinkos and print it out, then make a lot of copies.

Also, you can try snagajob.com where you can submit applications and resumes online so you don't have to print. You would just have to follow through with these places by calling or stopping by to check the status on your application. Hope this helps and good luck!

Professionalism way you must print it out.

You are representing yourself in your resume to all employers.

Handwriting seems to be awkward plus if your handwriting is a disaster, it may look unimpressive to your employer.

You can ask friend to help you to print it for free then make a photocopy of it which is much cheaper that printing it again.

Go to the public library and you should be able to use their computers to download and print your resume. If not there are coffee houses and even Internet shops where you can pay to get copies off of your email account. Do not hand-write a resume ever. Good luck!

It needs to be printed. Copy& paste it to word & then go to your email & paste it & send it to someone who has a printer that works & have them print you a few copies of it. You can use the computers at the job source office& print them off for free thereThey even have classes on how to make good resumes & classes on acing the interview & several other classes on searching for work. You don't have to be on unemployment,anybody that needs to can take the classes & they are free. You will learn a lot about today's job market& what is expected of the person looking for the job.Hope that this has helped! I hope that you find a job soon!

It's definately way more professinoal to print off a resume. Ssave the resume file you have on a disc and bring it to a library or something, where you can print it off for a few cents.

It's not a good idea to hand-write a resume.

Alternative solution:

You can go to local library (city/county etc) and print it. Local libraries across US offer few hundred pages a year for free to its patrons.

Library membership is also free at the same time.

Good Luck