Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

How do you wash white socks in a washing machine?

• debijs
    Favorite Answer

I wash socks in hot water with a double rinse. I make sure they are fully opened (not stuck into themselves) with the outside out. I use detergent and liquid softener. They come out nice and clean. I don't like bleach, in my opinion it weakens fabrics and eventually turns whites yellowish. The double rinse has made the biggest difference on how white they come out.

• pryear

Clean White Socks

I usually throw them in with white bath towels, wash them in hot water & Tide w/bleach & Downy in the rinse cycle, they come out GREAT.

I would use Clorox about a half a cup, and laundry soap, and hot water on a 50 minute cycle, and an extra rinse if soap make you itchy.

• ardw7

make sure you have only whites in the load, add detergent and bleach, warm water and set on normal wash.

Source(s): life

Use the hot setting, add soap & some bleach . Easy as that.

• ?

put them in, add the detergent and turn it on.

I use oxiclean instead of bleach, it makes your clothes white and they last longer than when you use bleach.

new technology lets you throw whites in with colors, even red. so just throw them in with the rest of the clothes.

PUT THEM IN WASHER WITH WHITES AND BLEACH AND DETERGENT.