good romantic movie?

i feel like watching a nice romantic movie. i really love movies like The Notebook, The Wedding Date, Fever Pitch, The Holiday, Titanic, etc

so something along those lines

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Wedding Singer-With Adam Sandler and Drew Berrymore.

Never Been Kissed-With Drew Barrymore

10 Things I Hate About You-With Julia Stile and Heath Ledger

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days-With Kate Hudson and Matthew Mcconaughey

Can't Hardly Wait-With Jennifer Love Hewitt

A Walk To Remember-With Mandy Moore

(The Notebook is my all-time favorite movie! And I love all the movies I listed above.) :]

• 1 decade ago

Pride and Prejudice (2005) - No one does "period" better than Keira Knightley, and she's near perfect in this one. Just kiss him already!

The Graduate (1967) - The film that made Dustin Hoffman and A Bridge Over Troubled Water household names..

Hairspray (2007) - Nikki Blonky's performance does as much for the film as her physique will do for pleasantly plump little girls all over the world.

Gone With the Wind (1939) - The Royal Queen Mother of all romance films. Gives hope to all that true love can endure anything.

Ghost (1990) - Proof that love is stronger than life.

Casablanca (1942) - Bogart and Bergman collaborated in this classic set in North Africa during the early years of World War II. Proof that old school romance still works.

Love Story (1970) - Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal sizzled to the tune of no fewer than 13 Oscar nominations and 11 wins. Check it out, it's that good.

The Way We Were (2003) - Yes, Streisand can love.

Amelie (2001) - The French do love so well. I challenge you to not fall in love with Audrey Tautou.

An Officer and a Gentleman (1982) - The '80s were full of cheesy romance, but this one cut through the curd.

Nine 1/2 Weeks (1986) - Adrian Lyne knows how to do romance, but Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke steal the show in this smoking sexual odyssey.

Beauty and the Beast (1991) - The film's tagline says it all: The most beautiful love story ever told.

Braveheart (1995) - Many have a hard time seeing though the violence to find the emotion, but it's not a stretch to claim we've never seen a stronger display of love from any other film.

Brokeback Mountain (2006) - Yes, it's a love story. And a powerful one at that.

The Brandon Teena Story (1998) - While we're on the subject of unconventional love, we'd like to mention the documentary that inspired 1999's Boys Don't Cry.

Pretty Woman (1990) - Yes, hookers need loving too.

Dirty Dancing (1987) - Appropriately, Summer camp becomes the setting for a smoking hot romance.

Father Goose (1964) - Cary Grant and Leslie Caron anchor this romantic comedy set in the wartime Pacific islands.

Lady and the Tramp (1955) - This animated classic features one of the most romantic scenes of all time - and it involves spaghetti!

Big Fish (2003) - Father-son love anchors this heavily decorated Tim Burton film.

An Affair to Remember (1957) - Cary grant appears on the list once again, this time opposite Deborah Kerr in the classic that inspired the next film on this list.

Sleepless in Seattle (1993) - One of the few remakes that can be considered better than the original.

Cold Mountain (2003) - How far would you walk to prove your love and devotion to a sweetie?

Hitch (1993) - Will Smith works his magic on Eva Mendes in this by-the-numbers yet effective nonetheless chick flick.

Spanglish (2004) - Yes, Adam Sandler can do romance. But Paz Vega does it better.

When Harry Met Sally (1989) - One of the few times where sleeping with each other doesn't ruin the romance. Stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan.

Lost in Translation (2003) - Bob Harris fell in love with Charlotte while in Japan, but more importantly, America fell in love with Scarlett Johansson.

Mulholland Dr. (2001) - Naomi Watts and Laura Harring try their hardest to bring lesbian love to the masses. Count us among the believers.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) - One of Jim Carrey's best roles. But we've already forgotten how good this one is.

Far and Away (1992) - Cruise and Kidman star in this sweeping American epic.

Dances With Wolves (1993) - Which is more powerful, the historical aspect of this story, or Lieutenant Dunbar's love for Stand With Fist?

Christmas Carol

Bull Durham (1988) - Features one of the most romantically vulgar quotes of all time.

Top Gun (1986) - The combination of romance and war have been spitting out the classics for ages. Here's another one to add to the list.

The Princess Bride (1987) - THE most romantic fairy tell ever told. Period.

Atonement (2007) - Even one of the greatest lies ever told can't keep these two lovers apart.

The Thomas Crowne Affair (1999) - Another instance of the remake outdueling the original. Oh, and great soundtrack featuring Nina Simone too!

Hope this helps I loved these movies

• Puff
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Return to Me

A Walk to Remember

The Locket

Dying Young

An Affair to Remember

Random Harvest

• 1 decade ago

Somewhere in Time - Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.