Why do you want to stay alive? What are your reasons for living?

Favorite Answer

My reason for living is life. I want to live it. That's the whole point. Just live it, and do what you can with it: love, hate, enjoy, ignore, play, work, make friends, keep friends, lose friends, fogive, remember, forget, eat, think, sleep, wonder, dream, imagine, [insert about 5 million iother verbs here]. Life is the point of living, just immerse yourself in the story. Which I know sounds dumb, but I'm having fun with it.

In the grand seem of things life began It multiplied and divided as well as added and subtracted ;hence forth we as all species plant and animal are born with this natural need to eat, grow ,procreate! We can not even help our selves some people say that people who try to kill themselves want attention ...not so true they really want to disappear. I believe that they have an awareness that there is more yet it is one of those tip of the tongue things ;you know right there out of grasp but there it seems no one else understands so they think maybe they are wrong , and have some time of default .I live because there is more than current society there is more than meets the eye when it comes to life and I am to stubborn to give up until I have explored as many possibilities as I possibly can!!!!

Well for me there's a lot I want to accomplish and only a short amount of time. Be an author, go sky diving etc. I believe I have some purporse in life, and that it will make an impact on somebody, hopefully.

My ego has a dreaded fear of death. It really doesn't no how to live and is afraid of life. Live doesn't have much pleasure, but it is the little pleasure that my ego gets that gives it some real purpose. I won't commit suicide not only because I'm afraid to, but I believe that ghost are suicides who live for hundreds of years in terrible suffering because they can't reincarnate.

• I am assuming your life is not in a good place right now and you are having thoughts of suicide. Sometimes life is not all glamorous and easy. We learn from our mistakes and from life's hard lessons. It is much easier to give up and check out but that is for those trying to take the easy path. Dont give up. You will learn and grow spiritually if you just hang in there. I know, I litterally grew up in a VA Hospital. Not an easy life for any child. I would not take it back for anything. I learned many lessons from that. You will too. Than one day such a person will come to you and you too will be able to help the person. Hang in there. Life is not always fair or easy, but at the end, it is alway worth the ride. You get out of life what you put in to it.

Stay alive, if for nothing else, to help others stay alive.

I want to change the way people think, and i often try to. Try and get rid of stereotypes, fall in love and settle down, learn new things about myself and others, see the world and what it has to offer, get a good job, earn some money, meet new people, enjoy myself, make others happy and be here for anyone who needs me.

• I'm assuming you are basically asking what keeps us from committing suicide?

I guess the easy answer would be pure curiosity to see what life will bring. It's pretty short, so might as well enjoy the ride. We'll all be dead soon enough whether we want to be or not.

As for what gives my life personal meaning....it's my beautiful children and laughing with my husband about anything and everything.

After thinking about it for awhile, I noticed that this is also a quote about Voldemort's philosophy of life in the Harry Potter series....

Fear of the unknown.

What the Irish boy said.