Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 1 decade ago

my mosquito bites are seriously killing me!!! even after bites not working!!! help plz!!!!!?

Favorite Answer

when i was little, my grandma would tell me to run my bites under the cold water, and pour just a little salt on them.

it doesnt hurt, and somehow they stopped itching.

You can get a skin infection called impetigo if you scratch them so much that you make them bleed. I know you can't help it. try putting some hydrocortisone cream on them. I believe they actually have some out there now with an antibiotic ointment mixed with it. If not then alternate the hydrocortisone cream with some neosporin. If it is really getting red and inflamed then you may already have the skin infection and you need to go ahead and see a doctor,

Now, how to prevent it from happening again. I know this works on my daughter who gets eaten alive by mosquito's if she doesn't follow this regime. Take the daily recommended dose of Thiamine which is B1 vitamin. You can buy it at any local walmart,cvc,etc. Second, get some "skin so soft " from Avon. and keep it rubbed on your skin. It may not work for you but I swear by it for my daughter and her grandmother has the same problem and she goes camping every weekend and has no problems because she never misses a dose of thiamine and she uses her skin so soft daily. I hope this helps you too!!!!!

Source(s): nurse and life

I have had plenty of problems with this one. Heres what you do first take a nice cool bath, make sure you let your bites get soaked good and when done bathing pat your bites completely dry. Then your going to take a couple of spoons of baking soda, add water to it slowly to make a sticky paste. Put that all over all of your bites. Leave on for two hours at least, then wipe off and apply any skin soothing lotion on hand and put bandages on the bites to keep dirt and air off of them. with in 3 - 4 days they will be gone. Repeat the baking soda as much as necessary. This really works i used to have major problems with them but now a little insect repellent and this mixture keeps me clean. Good luck!

p.s. you can mix equal part vinager and water in a spray bottle. Spray on you and your clothes before going outside.

• Kim k

Have you put benedryl gel on them? If not you should. when I get bit by a mosquito it swells up like a welt the size of a silver dollar and feels bruised. Try icing too, that helps some. You could also take benedryl orally.

not sure how to help with the actual bites, but i hear mosquitoes like to bite people who have just eaten a banana, probably due to the potassium. If you eat yeast extract this usually stops you being bitten

I have the same problem. I have really "sweet" skin, and wherever I am they bite me.

Try wearing long pants and sleeves, which I know is impossible during the summer... but it helps. And use OFF, and get one of those bug zappers and put it wherever you are for a few minutes with the lights off, then come back unplug it and have fun!

Hope that helps!

Have you ever had an allergic reaction to bug bites? If not; you can try and oral anti-histamine (benadryl) and steroid cream (hydrocortisone) or topical anesthetic (something with benzocaine/lidocaine; chigger-x) for help.

if you are at home, try putting calimine lotion on them or putting a baking soda pack (baking soda and water) on them. It should relieve the sting. You could also take a cool (not cold) shower or bath to reduce the swelling

whenever i get a mosquito bite i always keep applyin Cortizone. it stops the itchy feeling and it goes away faster.

Try making an "x" on them with your nail. That helps me.

Prevention is better so bug spray and long clothes next time!