What are some easy ways to save money on food?

With food prices rocketing, with fuel and transport costs growing at an unprecedented rate, and with world economies facing tricky times, I wanted some advice on how to cook more frugally. I've already discovered that chicken thighs are a small portion of the cost of breast meat, and that once boned they... show more With food prices rocketing, with fuel and transport costs growing at an unprecedented rate, and with world economies facing tricky times, I wanted some advice on how to cook more frugally.

I've already discovered that chicken thighs are a small portion of the cost of breast meat, and that once boned they often prove a far superior alternative in soups, stews, and curries. Does anyone have any other tips to share, or tasty recipes as easy on the wallet as they are on the tastebuds?