Dreaming asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 decade ago

Why are Kebabs known to be so unhealthy??

I don't get it the other day i had a kebab, it was lamb and salad with some mint and chillie source. Whats so fatty and unhealthy about that?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

kebabs aren't fattening, as they are cooking the fat drips off. i was on weight watchers diet and you can eat kebabs, so they are healthy if eaten in moderation

• Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Lamb is fatty the cooking method isn't no added oil or outside fatty source? lamb has a high fat content/ but it shouldn't effect kebab!

• 1 decade ago

the oil/fat they use to cook the fries and meat is re-used several times until its finished. and they dont let the beef/steak etc run (so the oil/fatty acids stay on your food. you don't really know what other food processes they've used with the oil/fat.

and its a matter of people pigging out on Kebab foods when they dont excersize much, i wouldnt worry to much. you just need to have a healthy diet and you have nothing to worry about.

• Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

are you talking about a kebab that the meat Cooke's on a huge skewer ?if you are then that kebab is a healthy choice as the fat from the meat drips out during cooking, and the flat bread and salad is nearly fat free omg that's making me hungry talking about it happy kebabing x x x

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kebabs are grilled and lamb contained loads of fat. Though there is salad, there is chilli sauce.

• 1 decade ago

I guess because

1. the meats are cooked, coated in oil. They are constantly dripping with oil. This stops them drying out because they are continuously heated...all day long!

2. The high incidence of food poisoning! This is because of the cooking technique i assume.

• 1 decade ago

Lamb is one of the fattiest meats you can eat. Worse than beef.

• 1 decade ago

Fatty as other meat and else

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.