When is a good time to move baby into the nursery?

I'm 34 weeks 2 days pregnant with my first and my husband and I just got the nursery completely ready for our daughter who is due August 1. Her crib will be in the nursery and I will also have a bassinett next to my bed. I'm thinking of moving her into her room at about 3 months. Of course, I will have a baby moniter. I just don't want her to get used to always being near me 24/7 because then she will really hate it and throw a fit when I move her. It seems like younger is better. What do you think? When should I move her? When did you move your kids?

Favorite Answer

when you feel comfortable and/or when you need to separate yourself from the noisy little bundle of joy (you will be shocked at how noisy babies are when they sleep.)

Other than that, I would say your timing is appropriate- at 3 months you can start sleep training and you'll want to keep the bedtime routine consistent.

We moved house when my son was 4 weeks old and that is when he started sleeping in his own room. I was still up regularly for feeds and other cuddles, but between those wake times I got some actual sleep since my noisy son made me a very light sleeper.

Congratulations and I wish you an on time birth!!!

Good question! We had our newborn in our room for the first 8 weeks, simply because it was so much easier to get up through the night and not have to go down through the hallway for night feeds.

My suggestion is to keep your baby in your room until he/she can sleep all the way through. If this happens in the first 10 weeks you're laughing.. Otherwise if your baby isn't sleeping very well (could take months for a good night sleep) then maybe try around 3 months. Sometimes it's best for you and the baby when they're in their own cot. All the best :)

My daughter would be 3 months in consistent with week, so a strategies she began taking her longest nap in her cotbed/room, i do no longer plan to head her in there for the evening before 6 months, probably 9, i does not sense stable if i could no longer actually examine on her

My 1st was in my room for about the first 6 months and we had no trouble moving her, my 2nd was in our room till 18 months as we had no choice as reno wasnt complete, and he went in no trouble he actually slept better!! My 3rd is due in October and will be going strait to theier own room!!

I think what you feel comfortable with theres no set time.

Source(s): mum of two and one on the way

i think it is better to wait and see what will going on. befor my deliver i had the same feelings but as soon as we reached home i could not leave my angle alone in his room so i decided co-sleeping for two or three months but still which is six months he sleep with us beacuse after two months i found out that my baby has reflux and he was a very poor sleeper. and i also was scared to leave him abone beacuse of his vomitting. so, wait until you see how is your baby and then follow your feeling the way it is the best for you and your baby.

good luck

I think at about 3 months. Then they dont get up as much in the middle of the nite. Thats what I did with both of my kids.

• 11:28

My son was in his own room and crib by 6 weeks. He just slept better in there. I don't know if he didn't like the bassinet or what....

They say to reduce the risk of SIDS, you need to keep them in with you for at least 6 months.

We kept all of ours with us for the first year and none of them had any problems with sleeping elsewhere after that time.

Personally... My husband and I had our first born in her OWN ROOM from the day she came home from the hospital!

She slept from 7pm to 9am everyday, and had 2-3 naps during the day. She is now 18 months old (on 2nd july) and still sleeps through the night with the ODD wake up because of a pooey nappy or teething.

I would suggest to try and have her in her own room... as when you and your husband want to return to sex (after the bleeding)... it will be physically impossible with your baby in your room, as it is child abuse... even though she wouldn't know what is going on.

But do what you feel is best- in relation to where she sleeps. Best of luck and CONGRATS!

according to my hospital 6 months - it apparently stops baby going into 3rd level/degree sleep and reduces SIDS

Good luck with your labour