I don't know where you live, or what type of wax removal you've tried, but here's a sure fire way that's really inexpensive and will give you some relief.
Let your fingers do the walking and call a few health food type stores to see if they sell any "Ear Candles". It's a hollow candle, some made out of a thin wax, others from bees wax, etc. Ask them how much they are. The cheap ones do the same thing as the expensive ones, and the cheap ones should be between $1.50 and $2.00.
You need to have someone else help you do it, but what will happen is the candle will pull out any infection, and all the wax build up in your ear and further into the ear canal (the part you can't see). After you do this (takes about 20 minutes give or take), the hollow candle will have either a lot of ear wax or white infection goop in it. After "candling" your ear, you should feel at least somewhat better.
If there was just ear wax in the candle, no worries. If you have white goop, that's infection, in which case you definitely need some antibiotics to clear it up.
If you need or want more info - just let me know! Hope it helps!
Personal experience - I had an ear infection that a doctor wasn't able to see, and the candle literally sucked out the infection. I had my ear candled on my lunch hour and went back to work feeling TONS better!!