Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

What happens when you don't sleep for 3-4 days?

I would like to know what will happen to your body if you are deprived of sleep for 3-4 days. Also, I would like to know if a person will see things. Plus I would like to know what EXACTLY happens to your mental state and will I show psychotic behavior in any way?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Generally, lack of sleep may result in: aching muscles, blurred vision, clinical depression, colorblindness, daytime drowsiness and naps, excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS)

decreased mental activity and concentration, depersonalization/derealization...

weakened immune system, dizziness, dark circles under the eyes, fainting, general confusion, hallucinations (visual and auditory), hand tremors, headache, hyperactivity, hypertension, impatience, irritability, lucid dreaming (once sleep resumes), memory lapses or loss, nausea, nystagmus (rapid involuntary rhythmic eye movement)...

psychosis-like symptoms, pallor, slowed reaction time, slurred and/or nonsensical speech, sore throat, stuffy nose, weight loss or gain, severe yawning...

symptoms similar to:

-Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

-alcoholic intoxication

I hope this is enough to dissuade you from staying awake for longer than 24 hours.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Reaction Time Slowed Considerably

Hallucinations may occur

Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills affected considerably

Mood Swings

Forced Sleep (mind will kinda force you into sleep)

High Blood Pressure

*You may show some signs of psychotic behavior but most likely not.

• 1 decade ago

I am thinking your body will sleep if you want it to or not. I know recently I had an occasion I had to be awake for about 24 hours and it was difficult. After 24 hours or that is how it was for me if you get still you will be asleep.

• 1 decade ago

after a whole lets say 30 hours you will begin to hallucinate and you will see things you will be dehydrated and sort of out of it i don't reccomend staying awake that long

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes u will hallucinate.

Source(s): CH4's TV show Shattered.
  • 1 decade ago

You should do it and then on the 4th day come back here and let us know

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your so stupid to try that =p

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.