Candle
Candle asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Who Is The Future Of Professional Wrestling?

Our esteemed top contributor, KING KJORES kind of inspired this question with a similar question regarding one AJ Styles, and I thought it was worth asking. Who do you think will be the future of wrestling? In 2018, who do you see dominating the main stage out of all of the guys in the WWE, TNA, and even the independents. Who do you see headlining WWE in ten years? Or TNA in ten years? Give a good explaination, and answer for both companies if you follow both. If not, bad mouth neither and answer for one.

Yeah, 2012 is where it stops...if you're Aztec...but there aren't too many of those floating around these days, are there?

To Hung T. I've heard good things about Jake Hager, but I can't find a match anywhere with this guy in it. I can't wait until he's on the main roster.

Hahaha, I know you'd call me on that Kjor. My apologies. I fought over that E for a few minutes, and then said "oh well, if it's wrong, at least it's a sure fire way to get him to answer the question."

Favorite Answer

JUST TO START OUT WITH A SPELLING ERROR CORRECTION ITS KJORS <<<NO E.

ANYWAYS THE WWE HAS TONS OF POSSIBLE FUTURE GUYS WHO COULD BE MAIN EVENTERS. IM A LITTLE BIT OF A MARK FOR SECOND AND THIRD GEN GUYS LIKE CODY, DH, TED JR, JOE HENNIG AND EVEN REID FLAIR WHO I COULD SEE ALL OF THEM MAIN EVENTING IN 10 YEARS. I THINK CODY HAS BEEN IMPROVING ALOT EVERY TIME I SEE HIM. HE IS EVEN STARTING TO SHOW HE HAS SOME CHARISMA AND CAN TALK ON THE MIC. AS FOR THE OTHERS I MENTION THEY HAVENT SHOWED MUCH ON RAW BUT JUST THE BLOODLINE THEY COME FROM IS SOMETHING TO BE IMPRESSED ABOUT.

AS FOR TNA IM A HUGE MARK FOR KAZ. I THINK KAZ IS ALMOST AN EQUAL TO AJ STYLES AND IF HE ISNT MAIN EVENTING IN THE NEXT 3-5 YEARS I WOULD BE SHOCKED. AS I SAID IN MY EARLIER QUESTION I DONT CONSIDER AJ AS THE FUTURE SINCE HE IS THE PAST AND PRESENT ALREADY AND STILL HAS A LONG CAREER AHEAD OF HIM.

ALSO I THINK ERIC YOUNG IS VERY TALENTED AND ONE OF THE MOST ENTERTAINING GUYS IN AND OUT OF THE RING IN TNA AND COULD BE A TOP GUY IN THE FUTURE.

ALSO SOME HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR WWE WOULD BE SANTINO, MATT SYDAL AND COLT CABANA.

ALSO SOME OTHERS WHO HAVENT QUITE MADE IT TO MAIN EVENT STATUS YET BUT ARE PROVEN GUYS IN TNA AND WILL BE MAIN EVENTERS AT SOME POINT ARE ROBERT ROODE AND JAMES STORM.

Source(s): I COULD GO ON BUT I GOT TO SAY THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT FOR BOTH COMPANIES WHEN IT COMES TO YOUNG TALENT. THE ONLY QUESTION IS WILL THEY BE USED RIGHT.

We could see a new style in WWE, once Vince retires. The next guy may want more fast-paced stuff with the storylines, and guys like Evan Bourne, CM Punk, and John Morrison are perfect for the job. At the same time, maybe Kennedy (he'd be 42) or the Hardys, but they'd lose a lot of their extreme ability. John Cena may still be there too, but hopefully not as Superman. Also think about Cody Rhodes, DH Smith, Randy Orton, Afa, Jr., Lance Cade, Festus(new gimmick, please), Kozlov, Shelton, Elijah Burke, and Kofi. They're mostly midcards, but hopefully they all become guys we'll love to watch.

• deel

In all honesty, the "physique of recommendations/activities entertainment" era is the only one that is extremely diverse than thee others in terms of captivating to a undeniable type of aim audience. in spite of the reality that the faster a while earlier than 80 4 or so weren't attempting to convey interior the youthful aim audience, they easily weren't attempting to allure solely to an older aim audience. In all honesty, if it wasn't for the previous ECW, the WWE, and to a pair quantity the consistently greater "mature" yet nevertheless all age appropriate NWA/WCW could have stayed the way they have been, attempting to be each thing to each physique. ECW did push the barriers of expert Wrestling memories and action to stages no longer before considered interior the U. S., and countless of the youthful Hulk Hogan followers of the previous grew to grow to be ECW followers rather of Duke the Dumpster followers. If it have been the 80's, this does not have been a super deal. even although, the accessibility of ECW by using using tape determining to purchase and merchandising, information superhighway, and cable forced WWE and WCW to alter so as to objective and win returned the coveted youthful male industry. hence, the physique of recommendations era became into born. Now that there is not any genuine opposition in North u.s. for WWE, they might circulate returned to the greater PG rated fare and convey in youthful followers which will proceed to be followers for existence. except there's a substantial upstart promoting which could do what ECW did, this may not exchange. To be trustworthy, i do no longer see it occurring. ROH on HDnet will allure to three of the purist, and TNA has a small yet dedicated following,yet WWE is a juggernaut that can not be stopped at this factor. it fairly is very actual on the grounds that they now have a valid progression programwhere they might hoard the type of up and coming expertise that ECW used to have and WCW even used to their benefit for some years.

Tna- Jay Lethal, he is 22 yrs old, he would be 32 then and in his prime. He would be the battle tested vetern by then.

wwe- Jake Hager, he will be a great wrestler and is legit.

Source(s): Hager was a wrestler at Oklahoma state, he has the size and credibility that some of the 2 and 3rd generation guys do not. If he makes it, its because he earned it. He will have to work harder to push past all the kids but if he does he could be great. Try to e-mail Jim Ross, he would know.

There will be no 2018. 2012 is where it stops.

Edit: Glad I got you thinking about the topic. Read more about it. By the way, it was the Mayans not Aztecs.

• Steve

AJ Styles

• 1990

Ted Dibiase Jr, Kaz...dont know who else...oh John Morrison

I don't think TNA will last for another ten years, WWE is also in some trouble.

lol.....mr.kennedy the future...thats BS! no the future of the WWE is unclear...because there is no future superstars that i see that can really make an impact............but i can say mr.kennedy is not the future.....i will say maybe ted didiase,jr ummmmmmm as the next top heel......as a babyface i really don't know.......if i have to pick some body....i would say john morrison......so didiase and morrison are my picks

WWE = Deuce (He is going to carry Jimmy Snuka's legacy)

TNA = Kaz (He's taking the "Future" now)