my elephant ear plants are not growing good and some of them have yellow leaves. i got the plants at walmart?

last year. they did not do good last year but we had a drought in north carolina

Favorite Answer

they should be fine just plant them in partial shade/sun and water a little more than usual and the plants will become green again

We often have drought conditions and have found that it is best to re-plant new fresh elephant ear bulbs each summer. The same for caladiums. Wait till the weather is warm at night for quicker growth.

• log3

Great question! It's funny because tonight I read an article in our local newspaper regarding elephant ears.

Two key points I got from the article: elephant ears need shade and require lots of water.

With that said, are they getting enough shade and water?

I have the same problem and some of mine have little holes I bought seven dusk last week and sprinkled all of them and they seem better so I don't know if it was something eating at them or what it was. I also bought mine at walmart

These need morning sun and lots of rain, water. Mine are about 6 foot tall.