Lily asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Is Lack of proper nutrition causing my periods to shorten? What's wrong with me?

I'm a vegetarian, I'm not getting enough iron. Also I never drink water.

I usually don't eat anything until tea time... I'll either, eat very little as my stomach can't hold much. Or binge and feel guilty about it.

I've been exercising a little more than normal, riding my bike, walking, etc.

I get sick a lot (I have the flu at the moment). I often feel faint, exhausted. I get this feeling every now and then where my back will start to hurt, then my ribs ache, then I get this weird pain directly under my ribs.

I don't know whats going on with my body. But lately I noticed my periods start to shorten by a few days.

I'll also add, I'm depressed, have insomnia, worry a lot.. a lot of anxiety.

Someone help?

Ps: I'm 15, Weigh 55kg and is 5'4 tall.

Favorite Answer

Lack of proper nutrition can certainly have an effect on your monthly cycle. I worked with a young woman who was bordering on anorexia, her monthly cycle shut down altogether.

From what you've said it seems to me that you're not getting enough of the right nutrition (vitamins and minerals). You might want to look for a reputable web site to see where you are going wrong in your vegan dietary habits.

• Anil S

Nothing to worry . Considering your age 15 and height 5'4" the weight of 55 kgs is ok . Only thing you have the NEGATIVE THOUGHTS SYNDROME . You are vegie and vegan is good and nothing wrong with that . On the contrary its always good . People desired to be vegetarian , but due to the taste they can't

You take proper food and rest and your health will be perfectly alright within 2 wks. Take more fresh fruits and vegetables . The leafy vegetable like SPINACH is rich with iron and vitamins . The lemon juice is and all sour juices are rich vitamin "C:". Apples are good for all types of vitamins . Take good breakfast and juices with light exercises , that will help you to develop your selves. In order to have proper health use cottage cheese and butter with bread so that equal amount of nutrients you will get it . USE RICE . BREAD AND VEGETABLES WITH FRUITS . You will be perfectly alright . Carry out some YOGA to have right postrue and good physique with good appetite and sleep .