Why are people sooo rebellious against God, when it is just pride?

Pride & stuborness is that they are right & weren't wrong about this & that.

Pride rebels against God, tries to do right & not sin, the devil stays around;

While being humbe repents to God & submits to God, resists the devil & the devil runs away?

Islamic Terrorist. Religious pride is a self righteous piety. It is doing works to be good enouph. Then saying, "I am so good...". Then judge others who don't go by your man made rules.

I don't believe the Pope riding in his Pope Mobile is religious pride though. And to be bullet proof is for additional protection.

Acid Zebra, this thought is from Gods Word in James.

Submit to God (Gods Word, pray, listen, etc...)

Resist the devil (don't pay attention to the devil, don't do what the devil tempts, rebuke the devil, etc...)

and the devil flees (runs away).

super nintendo charmers, Of course this is written for Christians. But is still a true verse for non believers too.

My husband is a non believer & whenever he rebels, then the devil tempts him with alcohol & the devil stays. This is very apparent regarding my husband. And now for the first time, I am trying to get my husband to undersand this. Listening to ungodly music (rebellious music, etc...) etc... Alcohol addiction. My husband turns to this & is ruled by the devils temptation. And so we are having much problems because of this. Because the devil stays.

Now my husband has been making baby steps to submit to God. Listened to the song 'Turn the Wine into Water' letting me read to him out of the bible. Has watched Billy Graham & my Pastor preach for the first time. He is learning how to not rebel. Baby steps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWSHuTbiaTI

Youtube thumbnail

The Paul, My husbands name is Paul. And that is a blessed name, meaning humble.

The truth is that if we submit to God, seeking God in His Word, then we find Gods Will. But you have to be humble to do this. Pride has kept my husband from listening to the Word preach or reading the Holy Bible. Because of pride he mocks Gods Name & Holy Spirit gifts when he is drunk.

Rev..., I'm not right about everything. That is why this is a question.

Pell M, Understanding or reasoning by our 5 physical senses is something my husband does too much. Pastor has recently preached this is the biggest enemy of faith. But is natural for us to do. Faith is that we find Gods Will in His Word & we say it because we believe it.

Favorite Answer

Pride has kept many people from accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior. Refusing to admit sin and acknowledging that in our own strength we cannot do anything to inherit eternal life has been a stumbling block for prideful people. We are not to boast about ourselves, but if we want to boast, then we are to proclaim the glories of God. What you say about yourself means nothing in God’s work. It’s what God says about you that makes the difference (2 Corinthians 10:13).

I'm not rebelling against God. If God would just give me some instructions I'd probably follow them. I asked him what I should do and he didn't say anything, though.

And don't tell me I didn't listen closely enough. If God is God, then he can figure out a way to be heard.

some people are just very proud as 2 timothy 3:2-7 show that in the time that we live people will be lovers of them selvs rather than lovers of god so people will have more self pride

Oh, ye of little scope!

We are not rebellious against God....

You see, we know that He does not exist.

("He"....... funny...")

We rebel against a billion Christians who sincerely believe that the rest of us are going to Hell to be burned, tortured, fried, etc...... simply because we refuse to believe such a ridiculous thing as Christianity, and because most of us used to be Christians who believed we "knew" Jesus and then found out that we were delusional.

We stopped believing in Santa Claus also.

We rebel against your oppression and gall, trying to "save" the rest of us so you will add to your numbers and feel more confident about your beliefs...

You people are horrible and snotty and self-righteous and judgmental.

...and you're blind to it all because you think that you hold the truth - which makes you insufferable.

You mistake pride for righteous indignation - with which we brim.

http://www.atheists.org/christianity/didjesusexist...

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com

o.k. but that seems to go to saying we are still suppose to try to do better...we must never think we are perfect but we are suppose to try to be better people..He still wants us to put a fight up against sin but never think we cant go without Jesus and the grace He gives..So when u see someone trying to do good and help people and feed people and do right and try not sin it is not pride unless they think they dont need Jesus..I know i keep trying to help people cuz the Word tells us too...This is not pride this is what love is..pride comes when we think we are perfect and dont need or we dont want to worshipm the God of Love

Because he's a superstition, and all superstitions are born of ignorance and fear.

If he did exist, as portrayed in the bible, vain, capricious, insecure,incompetent, murderous, perverse...he would not be worthy of respect or emulation, let alone worship.

It would be delusional to rebel against something that does not exist.

Btw..Pride is a virtue, apparently christians regard shame to be one.

You really need to plan these questions out a little better. They always start off well, but the more you mention God the more excitable and hyper you get, and by the end it's just decohered into a track wreck of a sentence.

Have you considered the possibility that there's simply nothing to rebel against?

Note: I "rebel" against the Devil more than you do. Doesn't that make me more like your imaginary god than you are?

Religious pride seems a lot like gay pride...

They do have pope parades.

Gay people don't get bullet-proof cars, though.

I'm rebellious towards the concept of rebelliousness. :)

(That seems to be the ridiculously stupid opinion of most people)