can i get iqama immediately?

iam woring in ksa past one month . i applied for iqama 3 weeks before. still i am not getting iqama .i want to take leave from here and go to india for attend my promossion exam .can i get new iqama immediately ? if it possible how i get the iqama immediately? (i have the order copy of that exam . can i submit it for emergency iqama)please very urgent anybody reply me.

Best Answer

you have to contact your Sponsor.

I don't know how do you live in KSA without the permission of interior affairs.

be careful & contact the immigration office.

• Gigi

Actually it is required by law that all foreigners have their iqama with them at all times and not the sponsor!

Your iqama is your ID and you need it for your security and the security of the country, i.e check points and so on.

You cant have unidentified people running around!!

Thus you need to ask for it! Without it you cannot do even basic things like open an account!

Regarding emergency leave, sure you can get one, but I think you fist have to have an iqama in hand.......

An iqama takes around 5 working days maximum to be processed.

My husband got my iqama for me on the same day he went to get it. Maybe it was fast because I don't work, and I'm here only as his wife.

I think 3 weeks is a long time. You need to have your iqama.

• carl

......maximum to acquire Iqama is one month so it means you can have it less than a month, otherwise your employer would be responsible for this delay.....you should seek assistance to your employer to follow up this or they're just deaf to attend to your grudges.....I regret if you can't take the exam but you shouldn't come here if you still have pending activities in India. It's not as easy to go back and forth to India because you are already employed by your employer......

• Mintee

Hmm? You should already have an iqama if you are working here... otherwise you are here illegally...

Your employer/sponsor is responsible for this.. Probably he has it in his possession and just now allowing you to hold it to prevent you from running.. (sorry but this happens).. but you should already have an iqama..