Jenny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

whats the monologue at the end of "American Beauty"?

I remember at the end of the movie the main character guy said something really meaningful and I lost the movie so could someone tell me the monologue at the end?

• Joi S
    Favorite Answer

" I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday. "

I got this from IMDB.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169547/quotes

Quotes From American Beauty

American Beauty Quotes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): whats monologue quot american beauty quot: https://shortly.im/Y1fKN

Thank you for the answers EVERYONE xx

I think it depends