stEVie J asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to live without eating any fruits or vegetables?

Well, I guess I know this is true because my friend has never eaten any. The closest thing he eats to a vegetable is french frys. Is he going to die at like 20? He's 16 right now.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Is it possible? Yes. Is it healthy? No. People in the early colonies and fur trappers didn't live as long as others because lack of fruit and vegetables causes a lot of vitamin deficiencies and eventually they catch up with you. While he may not die, at his crucial growth stage, it is likely that some things won't grow as well as they could. Among other things, poor nutrition is associated with early loss of erection (i.e. by 35, he can't get it up) because of something to do with the blood vessels. If sex is of no interest to him, of course, this won't matter. A fast food diet is also associated with erectile disfunction, and this can occur even in your 20s.

• 1 decade ago

Well it may be possible because they put a lot of vitamins in processed foods. However you will be very unhealthy after a certain period of time. He's 16, so his metabolism is sky high- wait a few more years and hell be sorry he didnt eat enough veggies.

• 1 decade ago

the human body is very resilient, it can withstand nutrient deficiencies in the diet for a long time, many decades. however eventually the lack of nutrients and anti-oxidants will result in disease occurring in his body. once this occurs and the body is no longer in homeostasis an early death will be the end result.

fruits and veggies are the main source of nutrients and anti-oxidants for humans and most other warm blooded life forms on the planet.

Source(s): BS Exercise Science IFPA Certified Master Trainer 25+ years of resistance training experience 17 years of martial arts training
  • 1 decade ago

Vitamins...and youd get some from meat as well, or garnishment on hamburgers, but not a great way to value your body....likely to live past 20 not likely to live to 50 without major heart attack

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I wondered about that too. Because the Inuit (Eskimo), people that lives at the arctic (North Pole), their diet are seafood & meats. There are no veggie and fruits there. Seems like they've been surviving like that since people been living there.

• 4 years ago

To be honest, I can't think of anything in fruit that you can't get in veggies...and vice versa. Veggies actually are healthier becasue they don't have all that sugar yet all the same vitamins.

• 1 decade ago

yes you can. how your life would look is a completely different question. unless you guzzle alot of vitamins to make up 4 the loss be prepared to be sick, weak fat and having mental issues.

• 1 decade ago

Yes its possible to live w/o fruits or vegetables... but.. not for long

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

eventually you will die because of scurvy or vitamin C deficiency

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no becaue u need the nutrients from them. There in the 5 food groups.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.