Judaism and Xtianity debunked by Israeli archeology?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjBBq4Ixzk

Youtube thumbnail

Do you agree? And what are your thoughts about it?

Update:

Please listen to the whole video; don't just read the video's title.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The opposite. Archeology in the Middle East, time and time again, prove Biblical history.

Everything he says is false.

Just a few examples of many of where Archeology has and is confirming the Bible:

The scripture makes more than 40 references to the vast Hittite Empire. However, up until 100 years ago there was no archaeological evidence to substantiate the Biblical claim that the Hittite ever existed. Sceptics of the Bible claimed that the Bible was in error, until their mouths were suddenly stopped.

In 1906, Hugo Winckler uncovered a huge library of 10,000 clay tablets, which documented the lost Hittite Empire. The Hittite civilization at its height rivalled Egypt and Assyria.

Following the 1993 discovery in Israel of a stone containing the inscriptions “house of David” and “King of Israel”, Time magazine stated “This writing dated to the 9th century B.C., ONLY A CENTURY AFTER David’s reign-described a victory by a neighbouring King over the Israelites...The sceptics’ claim that David never existed is now hard to defend.” Time, December 18, 1995

“In extraordinary ways, modern archaeology is affirming the historical core of the Old and New Testaments, supporting key portions of crucial biblical stories.” Jeffery L. Sheler, “Is the Bible True?” Readers Digest, June 2000

A hidden burial chamber, dating to the first century, was discovered in 1990 two miles from the Temple Mount. One bore the bones of a man in his 60’s, with the inscription “Yehosef bar Qayafa” –meaning “Joseph son of Caiaphas.” Experts believe this was Caiaphas, the high priest of Jerusalem, who was involved in t5he arrest of Jesus, interrogated him, and handed Him overto Pontius Pilate for execution.

An Italian archaeologist named Antonio Frova uncovered a fragment of a plaque in Caesarea Martitama, the ancient seast of Roman government in Judea. The plaque that was used as a section of steps leading to the Caesarea Theatre. The inscription, written in Latin, contained the phrase, "Pontius Pilatus, Prefect of Judea has dedicated to the people of Caesarea a temple in honour of Tiberius." This temple is dedicated to the Emperor Tiberius who reigned from 14–37 A.D.” This fits well chronologically with the New Testament which records that Pilot ruled as procurator from 26–36 A.D.

• 1 decade ago

The narrator begins with the straw man of a Judaism that taught adultery and murder were fine until Moses received the Decalogue at Sinai and then asserts that Israeli archaeology has proven that something (Judaism?) is false...

I'm not convinced that the biblical Exodus and Joshua are historically reliable, but Youtube is not even peer reviewed, much less a reliable source of historical information. My thought: the linked video is drivel.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bold statement to be made without even an attempt at giving any reasons or evidence why. Keep in mind the source: Youtube....the same treasure trove of knowledge that has thousands of kids thinking you can pop popcorn with cell phones...... because of a few hoax videos.

• YXM84
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No.

That video doesn't show anything just the question you pose as a statement.

Modern discoveries have proved different.

Take a look at the documentary Exodus Revealed.

Source(s): History.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No I don't agree -- actually archaeology has confirmed many things from the Bible as true.

As a general rule of thumb, youtube videos are not usually a very reliable source of information -- you can consider them more as editorials, since most of what is put out there is nothing more than unsubstantiated opinion...as this particular one is.

• 1 decade ago

No. And my thoughts? That's 35 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

Source(s): I'm Jewish.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pharoh's chariot wheel!!!

http://www.s8int.com/page3.html

• Doug O
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Chris Hitchens is a self-aggrandizing windbag.

And he's right.

• 1 decade ago

That sounds like Hitchens who hates anything that concerns GOD...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.