Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Amy Winehouse music....?

I know Amy Winehouse has some issues. That's not what my question is about. Disregarding her drugs and crazy behavior, do you like her music? I think her style is really unique, and her voice has a deep sound that is really refreshing compared to the majority of today's singers.

What do you think? All opinions welcomed

I must agree, she does look kinda crackheadish

I agree LeeCee. Her sound is retro, but it is very unique compared to today's average singer.

Wow Becka. It's hard to believe that's her. I hope she can one day return to a healthy state

Favorite Answer

l luv her music personally. I think it's a great mix of contemporary pop/jazz/r&b styles. She is so ridiculously talented and an amazing songwriter. It's so sad she's so messed up, she puts Britney Spears's problems to shame. I hope she gets healthy and continues making good music.

amy is amazing.

i think she is the only REAL deep and meaningful singer/songwriter going around.

yes she has her troubles, but its her life, she never intended for her every move to be all over the papers around the world.

when you see her in interviews she is SOOOO lovely and really smart and witty. she is a lovely person.

i dont think people should base there opinions on looks..

she has to work double as hard as all the stunningly beautiful singers and actresses, because the only thing she has got going for is her talent and style. whilst others have there beauty.

showbusiness is tough, especially being bulimic like her.

i feel so sorry for her, i can only imagine how much pressure she is under

and now she is in hospital with a sever chest infection.

i hope she makes it through, so she can quit drugs and make the world know her for her amazing talent rather than her drug abuse.

this is my opinion. and i think people should remeber that just because she is a celebrity that doesn't mean she is immune to all the horrible things people say about her.

she is only human.

but a very talented one :D:D:D

love you amy !

please get rid of drugs, so we can have many many more years of amazing music.

xxxxxxxxxx

i imagine that Amy Winehouse is a few thing new and sparkling and slightly distinct. I extremely have her cd and its ok. i like her sound. i imagine Joss Stone is likewise a good solo artist. I extremely have her latest cd i imagine that is and its okay to boot with a sparkling sparkling sound. yet different then that i'm no longer effective who else off top off hand has the form of sound yur searching for.

• Lee

Her style is not so much unique as retro. She is imitating the black soul Motown sound of the 1960s.

• Becka

I really enjoy her music. It's amazing how much she has changed, though.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img....

She used to be really pretty. I do like her music, though. It's soulful and a refreshing change from the normal pop stuff.

I think she is a great singer. I really like her music but she needs to get her act together. Or she might end up like Curt Cobain.

The first time i heard this "crackhead" i was amazed at her voice (i am a guy).

I think she has a really great voice.

I don't listen to mainstream crap, but she is okay.

her music really is refreshing and amazing its just her personal life is kinda out of control which gives her a bad music

im actually listening to her cd right now. i'm in love with her voice, i think it's really unique amd sexy. and i love her style all her tattoos and her makeup and her alcholism really works for her.

• ---

I like her voice..it is unique and I like some of her songs..I just don't like rehab's lyrics