Knives on the Food Channel?

What brand of knives do they use on the food channel? And where could i get them?

Favorite Answer

You need not buy knives in sets or to match and you only need 3 or four. There is a chopping done with (shape)Santuko knives and when you get there, there are many brands. One of the best knives are Foershner(sp) brand the butchers use them a lot and they sell them at many restaurant supply stores. you want to handle the knife to see how well it fits in your hand.I have many brands and I haven't picked a favorite.The guide I used was

'"COOK'S ILLUSTRATED' magazine You don't buy knives

because they are pretty. The one problem I had was stores that have their knives glued down and the is no one to wait on

you. Besides tang , knives are stamped(cheap) and forged. the other thing that is important is the care and sharpening of

your knives. I have mine in drawers laying flat. Also because a NAME is on a brand,they ger paid for the use of their name,Like Emeril he has cookware in his name made by All-Clad, but All-Clad by itself is superior to Emerilware. Everything I have has been well thought out before the purchase

Just because you like a knife that you see on television doesn't mean it's the right knife for you. Choosing a knife is a very personal thing...the weight has to be right for you, the handle has to fit right in your hand, many knife dealers don't say in online descriptions if the tang of the knife (the metal that extends from the bottom of the blade down through the handle) goes all the way down the handle (which is best) or not, in order to do the speed chopping like Jacques Pepin does by rocking his chef's knife very quickly over food, there has to be a slight curve to the blade to do this.

If you're serious about your knives, go to a store...Williams Sonoma, Bed Bath and Beyond, Crate and Barrel, etc and pick them up and see how they fit in your hand, are they too heavy, too light?

I wound up buying the Mundial Future line of knives after previewing countless brands.

Each chef uses knived of their own choice. What chef are you looking for?

Many of them use Furi knives or Global knives

Rachael Ray' uses her own brand, and they are for sale at the Store on Food Network dot com.

The best kind to get is the Rachel Ray brand! They sell it at macys or marshalls, and places like that! I bought a pan of hers and it is amazing!!! You can also go on Http://www.foodnetwork.com and order it off line! Hope this helps, Happy cutting! ♥

they all use different ones,,,, the best thing i recommend if there is a certain show you are watching to go on foodnetwork and email the show

Many of them use wusthoff trident. They are expensive, but they are great quality.

check it out on foodnetworkstore.com

LOOK----------------