Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

poll have you ever burned your feet from walking outside on a hot day barefoot?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes OUCH!!!

• 5 years ago

Isn't that obvious the feet will get burned? It's full sun, it feels hot outside, in the distance ripples might even be seen above the asphalt--and yet walking is done barefoot rather than wearing some kind of shoe.

However, I consider challenging the heat as part of the summer barefoot experience, and burned soles are an expected result. They can be burned red, stinging, feeling hot, even to the point of being able to feel a pulse in the soles--as long as they did not blister. The increased heat tolerance for the next day and beyond is worth it.

Don't worry about burning the feet unless they are tingling painfully and there isn't a cooler surface or shade to find immediate heat relief. I've found that if the tingling becomes a sharp pinching water feeling then the feet have actually blistered.

• Shar
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Still have the scars to prove it. I once went with a friend to go rafting on a river up in Washington State. Walked barefoot over about 10 yards of hot rocks to get to the river. Blood blisters big time.. and that was years ago and they still hurt if i walk on hot asphalt, etc.

• CJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes -- on several occasions. It does get hot here in Southern Calif. (today for example it is going to be 104 in Pasadena, where I live). So yeah, it can be a challenge walking over a hot parking lot on a day like today, but I've never gotten worse than first degree burns, not even blisters. I have gotten scalded soles, where they are sore -- like from a sunburn -- for a day or so.

It isn't going to stop me though. ;)

Bare feet rock!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a few times well more than a few when the parking lots are hot and i have to park a long way from the beach. the parking lots get hot walking down to the beach and sometimes the sand gets hot too...ouch!! but i still go barefoot because i'm not wearing shoes when i go to the beaches - no way man....

• 1 decade ago

YES... I got really really REALLY bad burns on my feet from walking on the beach when it was 112F degrees out... I like, couldnt walk for a week because it hurt so bad... lol

• 1 decade ago

Yes, when I was in Vegas and didn't bring flip flops for the Water park there. It was agony walking from one water ride to the next. Thank God for the lazy river.

:-)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol yeah, my feet are pretty tough, but it happens, the worst is on the beach, when my feet sink into the hot sand... but, there's always nice cool ocean water to dip them into afterward!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yess!!!i went outside to go swimming at my friends house and i couldnt find my flip flops and me feet started to burn then i jumped in the pool....thank god!lol

• 1 decade ago

YES baby i have ugh it hurt 2

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.