Abby asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How can I fast without owning a juicer?

I really want to do a three to five day juice fast before i go to the beach. Is there anyway I can actually do this without a juicer? I have a good blender...but are you supposed to have all that fiber and everything when you're fasting?

Also if you have any cool recipes, I'd love to have them :)

Favorite Answer

All these quick diets are dangerous to your health. Take a longer time and you will be healthier.

Dieting doesn't work. Here's what you do:

First, get smaller plates. Most dinner plates these days are huge.

Next, plate your food as follows, 1/2 the plate vegetables, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbohydrates. Fruit on the side or for snack.

Eat less, and more often. Instead of three big meals, three small meals with three snacks in between.

Shop in the outer sections of the supermarket. That's where the healthy foods are. The junk is in the middle.

Read the labels.

Go for items with higher dietary fiber. If you eat pasta, get whole wheat pasta. It has more fiber, plus I think it tastes better.

Fats: You need them to process vegetables, so don't cut them out. Besides they help make many things taste better. Just cut way back. Also check and make sure the are unsaturated fats. That will help your cholesterol levels. The fats you want are usually the ones that are liquid at room temperature, but completely avoid trans fats. Trans fats are near liquid, but they are saturated fats and are REALLY bad for you.

DO NOT CUT OUT SWEETS. By trying to cut them completely, you end up binging on them, then regretting it later.

When you eat carbs, have some protein with them. That keeps your blood sugar levels even. Even if your not diabetic, your blood sugar levels can still fluctuate and cause problems.

Condiments such as mayonnaise and butter. Do not use the light or low-fat varieties. Just learn to use less. That way, if you go out and the light variety is not available, you're used to to it and don't go overboard.

If you do binge, do not get discouraged and go back to old habits. Say "oh well, tomorrow's a new day," and get back on that horse.

Walk every day, at least twenty minutes. Not a casual stroll, but a determined walk.

Realize that this is a life change, not a diet. Diets don't work.

Source(s): This is advice I got from nutrition classes I had to take before getting gastric bypass surgery. Following these methods, I lost weight and decided to forego the surgery.
  • tosto

Would uncooked foodists reside without a dehydrator / juicer / blender / food processor........: yes of course! What do you suppose raw foodies used earlier than the invention of all these matters. These things definitely make lifestyles simpler ~ a bit of just like the invention of the washing computer ~ as opposed to hand washing clothes in sinks and jogging them through a mangle like our grandmothers did. Without these instruments, it would be very intricate to almost not possible to eat a healthy a hundred% raw meals weight loss program........: No it wouldn’t. I know many highly healthy long-time period raw foodies, who don’t truly possess a dehydrator / juicer / blender / meals processor. That link isn't an extraordinarily wide be taught. Pretty much all long-lived cultures - East Indian Todas, Yucatan Indians, the Georgians and the Hunzakuts - lived on a eating regimen of recent uncooked meals - grains, seeds, berries, seaweeds, fruit, greens, grass, leaves, roots and nuts. Professor Karl Eimer (institution of Vienna) did a study the place he put prime athletics on a eating regimen of utterly raw vegan meals. The athletics end up better, faster, supple and had more endurance. I'm not fairly definite what you are attempting to say here and i'm not particularly definite what your intention is in the back of saying it. All i know is…..Because changing to a uncooked vegan tradition, my health is the exceptional it has EVER been. I've reversed diabetics. I've healed from numerous degenerative diseases. I have lost weight and am now a healthy size. I infrequently get colds and flu. And every person maintains remarking how healthy I appear. Anyway, i will go away you to your artery clogging nutritionally lifeless cooked meals…….I am off to have a yummy raw cacao, date and coconut bliss ball. .

would desire to uncooked foodists stay and not using a dehydrator / juicer / blender / foodstuff processor........: specific of direction! What do you think of uncooked foodies used earlier the discovery of a majority of those issues. those issues truthfully make existence greater straightforward ~ somewhat like the discovery of the showering device ~ as adversarial to hand washing outfits in sinks and working them with the aid of a mangle like our grandmothers did. without those approaches, it would be very perplexing to purely approximately impossible to eat a wholesome a hundred% uncooked foodstuff weight-help plan........: No it wouldn’t. i comprehend many fairly wholesome long-term uncooked foodies, who don’t easily very own a dehydrator / juicer / blender / foodstuff processor. That hyperlink isn't an extremely vast learn. exceedingly much all long-lived cultures - East Indian Todas, Yucatan Indians, the Georgians and the Hunzakuts - lived on a weight-help plan of unpolluted uncooked meals - grains, seeds, berries, seaweeds, fruit, vegetables, grass, leaves, roots and nuts. Professor Karl Eimer (college of Vienna) did a learn the place he positioned suitable athletics on a weight-help plan of completely uncooked vegan meals. The athletics become better, swifter, supple and had greater persistence. i'm no longer somewhat constructive what you're attempting to assert here and that i'm no longer somewhat constructive what your purpose is at the back of asserting it. All i comprehend is…..because of the fact that changing to a uncooked vegan way of existence, my well-being is the suited it has EVER been. I even have reversed diabetics. I even have healed from assorted degenerative ailments. I even have lost weight and am now a wholesome length. I not often ever get colds and flu. and all and sundry retains remarking how wholesome i glance. besides, i'm going to leave you on your artery clogging nutritionally ineffective cooked foodstuff…….i'm off to have a yummy uncooked cacao, date and coconut bliss ball. .

u can just buy juice. non-calorie natural kinds from health food stores. if u have a blender, u can mix juice & ice in it 2 make a really yummy cold drink.