Andrew383 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Can I lose 80 pounds in 3 months?

I am 6'4" and about 260, overweight. I want to lose 80 pounds before the next school year. I was wondering if I could lose 80 pounds or just turn my belly into abs. and my legs into thinner muscular legs. How will i do that? I am 15

• Joshu@
    Favorite Answer

Of course you can, and with minimal effort too. Do my diet, and you'll lose at LEAST 1/2 a pound to 2.5lbs a day. This is my diet:

1) From 11am-1pm, eat 300 calories or less. This is like a 1-person size bag of pretzels or a plain sandwich.

2) From 5-6pm (or 5 hours before you go to sleep) eat something that is about 1,000 calories or less. This is like the Original whopper combo from burger king w/o cheese, and regular size.

3) Get a full night's sleep.

That's it! No snacking at all, or you'll mess everything up. You don't have to excerise, but it will help. You can try it tomorrow. Do it for 1 day and you'll see results the next day. When you wake up tomorrow, weigh yourself wearing as little as possible AND after using the bathroom to get an acurate weight. Then do my diet. The next day, weigh yourself the same way, and you'll see the weight loss. You don't have to diet for a long time to see results.

The calorie thing isn't hard, just check the calories on the stuff, and add it up to what it needs to be. I personally like to eat out just because I can go to the fast-food place's website and add up the calories for the combos. There's obviously healthier foods to eat than fast food.

One healthy alternative I like is the #1 combo from El Pollo Loco. It has 2 breasts (eat them skinless), 1 wing, 2 tortillas, 2 sides (mashed potatoes x2), and a regular soda. The healthier you eat, the more you can eat and still be under 1,000 calories. The only hard part about this diet is being hungry a lot (which you can fix by drinking lots of water) AND being disciplined enough to keep doing it.

One more tip: If you want an extra boost of weight loss AND strength gain, I recommend doing the Static Contraction Training program by Pete Sisco. You literally only have to work out 1 day a week. You will get strong really fast, AND lose fat (as long as you stay on my diet). There's a book at Barnes & noble that goes for about $20 with tax. They usually only have one copy. This is what it looks like: http://www.precisiontraining.com/media/Static_Cont...

Source(s): I lost 20lbs in 3 weeks this way. I am a very lazy guy, and I find the easiest way to do things. In 10 weeks (10 work-outs) I gained 15lbs of muscle AND I lost fat. Boo-ya!
    • Aspen5 years agoReport

Plus. Is there science that you can lose that much that fast?

Lose 80 Pounds in Months

Yes you can with a supervised medical weight loss program such as Optifast, or something similar. They MUST be doctor supervised VLCD (very low calorie diets) you can drop 60-80 pounds withing THREE months.

Thats an ambitous goal. To be honest with you, is not possible. One of the key to weight loss is setting a realistic goal. Setting a goal which you yourself are unsure to achieve would only lead to resentment. Before you turn your belly into abs, you need to lose weight first. No matter how many situps and pushups you do, the abs wont show because of the layer of fat. I recommed you to do regular exercise, eat right, drink lots of water, and aim to lose 10 pounds in 3 month instead. good luck.

no way...but you can get used to doing these-

1. dont bank on the words 'fast','easy','simple' & 'quick'....to stay safe,you shoudnt lose beyond 3 or 4 pounds of fat per week

2. start brisk walking 40-60mins a day...get a dog or 2 if you find your walking routine boring..or if you are at a gym,experiment all forms of

cardio available and stick to all that you like

3. drink only water,100% natural/fresh fruit/veggie juices,lowfat milk and lots of green tea

4. severely limit carbs n fat but eat lean proteins and veggies very well..make sure you eat a good breakfast!foods generally that aid fat loss-

fruits,oatmeal,lowfat or skim milk,raw nuts,fish,beans,veggies, small chunks of dark chocolate and herbal teas.

5. do adequate amounts of pilates/yoga/strength training to get the best from your cardio,make slight adjustments to your workout routines

every 2 or 3 weeks to avoid plateaus

6. be smart when eating out or at events/functions(such as preparing your own meal & eating in advance)

7. dont trust myths like "no food after 7pm"...you have to stay nourished to lose fat,..the best you can do if you are scared to eat is perhaps

drink a glass of ice chocolate lowfat milk mixed with a tsp of instant softened oatmeal...

8. Always push yourself n never give up!but get enough rest too...Stay focused on your goal and God bless you...

Source(s): you can lose about 40 pounds if you work hard the next 3 months,...woudnt that itself help you a lot?

ooo that would be dangerous

it's best to shoot for 2-3 pounds a week by eating well and getting out and moving =)

no it would be incredibly bad for you and you would probably scarred hormonally for life. I'd go with 30-40 lbs. max it would still be a big difference. To answer the abs and legs thing. You can't lose weight in one section of your body its not scientifically possible you can work it out so as to define the muscle structure but you still need to do cardio like running to get ride of fat to see results especially for abs.

Source(s): i'm a varsity wrestler

make lunch your own house as well as bring it for a operate

• Keith

tend not to fit hand for a mouth frequently