Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Has anyone had a VBAC after CSEC?

I had an emergency c-sec at 36 weeks due to gest. diabetes and high blood pressure. Started out as an induced labor but there was a complication with Meconium, babies hearrate going down off the charts, and placenta abruption. I don't plan on having another baby for atleast 2 years (he is 9 months now.) I would love to have a vaginal delivery next time and was wondering if there is any possibility they would even let me. Does anyone have experience with this?

Favorite Answer

I belive you can have a VBAC, and you should inform yourself and fight for it. You will need about 2 years inbetween deliveries to be completely healed, so it is good to wait a bit. Your birth sounds like a disaster and I am so sorry you had to go through that, I know how hard it is. The risk of uterine rupture is less than one percent and can be caught before any harm is done, and studies have shown that VBAC is actually safer that repeat cessarian for mother and baby. But you have to find a midwife. It is a must for sucsess. Doctors, I am sad to say, are very biased because they get paid almost 4 times as much for a cessarian, their vbac insurance is very expensive, and they dont want to put their lives on hold to sit in the hospital for your entire labor when they could just cut you open then go home. Find a midwife! As for the diabetes, I dont know weather that will recur in your next pregnancy, but it would be worth finding out ways to help prevent it, like diet and exersize. I am giving you the link to a great site that has the best and most up to date info on C-section and VBAC. Enjoy!

My sister had a c-section with her first and had VBAC's with her last 4. I am hoping for the same thing with this one. My dr. wanted to schedule a c-section again and I told her no. She wasn't happy but oh well not her call!!! My C-Section was an emergency one too. My sons heartrate dropped, he had a knot in his cord and he was a stillborn for the first 7 mins. But I am going to go VBAC this time. If it isn't supposed to be then what will happen is another C-Section. Best of luck

i had a Er. c-section as well. I was told on my 6wk post check that i was cut and sewd up to be able to have a Vbac, but I don't want to. I just have the scar anyway, and i know how to deal with a c-section and a baby.

we are trying for #2 in 12 days. lol. our first kid is 5

yes they will try and see if u move along smoothly with vaginal delivery but as soon as the baby is born no matter what they take him/her to intensive care to make sure everything smoothly.....seeing as how u have diabietes it would be a high risk pregnacy...or at least thats wat the doctors call it.